19,010 subscribers a community for 7 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
This is a community to encourage, support, and educate mothers nursing babies/children through their breastfeeding journey. Fathers and Partners are also welcome here.
Please no perverts.
If you are being harassed by a user via private message, please send a message to /r/reddit.com with the link to your message and include the user's name.
We welcome all questions, but please use the search bar or review the sidebar for FAQs. When you submit a post, check that you can see it in www.reddit.com/r/breastfeeding/new. If not, message the mods so we can check the spam filter. Please no advertising, self-promotion, or corporate marketing. No fundraising links: as a community, we're not set up for screening each funding request. No surveys shall be posted without prior approval from the mod team. Do not attempt to buy/sell/trade breastmilk or drugs. Consult a physician before accepting any medical advice.
Helpful for New Parents
- Normal Newborn Behavior & Why Breastmilk is Not Just Food
- What to expect in the early weeks breastfeeding a newborn
- Video demo of using hand expression to feed a baby and help bring in more milk
- "Laid-back" breastfeeding position
- Side-lay position
- Jack Newman's latching videos
- How can I tell if my baby is getting enough milk?
- La Leche League International is a mother-to-mother support group for breastfeeding mothers. There are pages for LLL in USA, Canada, Australia, and other regions/countries/specific states.
- www.kellymom.com - Evidence-based information on breastfeeding, sleep and parenting.
- Growth Charts for Breastfed Babies
- Can a nursing mother eat this food?
- Tips for boosting milk supply
- Benefits of breastfeeding beyond 12 months
- Concerned about the medication you're taking? Check here first! Dr. Hale's Infant Risk Center
- Harassed for nursing in public? Best for Babes has a hotline to help you.
- Need help finding an IBCLC? Try International Lactation Consultant Association's Directory or United States Lactation Consultant Association
Pumping & Bottles
- www.workandpump.com - for mothers who will be returning to work/school part or full-time and pumping.
- How much milk will my baby need?
- Choose the correct breast shield/flange size to maximize pumping output
- How to bottle feed a breastfed baby
- My power went out and I have breastmilk in the freezer – Help!
Didn't find what you were looking for? For a complete list of our resources, and links to other parenting subs, check out our wiki