35,426 subscribers a community for 5 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
In Celebration of Concrete
A friendly place to discover and appreciate brutalist buildings and architecture. Share photos, read articles, and discuss.
Rules / Guidelines
- Please be polite; remember reddiquette
- If you took the photo yourself, put "[OC]" in the title (original content) and you will be given special flair.
- Not all buildings exhibiting an exposed concrete exterior can be considered Brutalist, and may belong to one of a range of architectural styles including Constructivism, International Style, Expressionism, Postmodernism, and Deconstructivism.
- 'Brutalism' does not mean 'brutal'. 'Brut' means 'raw' (from the French), referring to raw concrete.
- Any rude, off-topic, or low-quality posts / comments / bots will be removed at the mods' discretion
- No reposts under 6 months
- No URL shorteners (bitly, owly, etc.)
- Please report anything that violates any of the above
Anything I can do?
- Check out #SOSBrutalism, a growing database of 700+ brutalist buildings and a campaign to save our beloved concrete monsters
More architecture appreciation