11,409 subscribers a community for 5 years, 6 monthslast post 145 days ago [+]
What Is BuildMeAPC? /r/BuildMeAPC is a community focused around helping new PC builders with the first stage of PC building, choosing the right components within their budget.
- Be civil and constructive with your comments and criticisms in the threads. We're all here to help each other, so be nice.
- Do not encourage or promote pirating or any other illegal activity. Any person doing so will have their post removed and be warned once. The next offense is a ban from the board.
For people needing help:
Before posting a thread, do a quick search to see if anyone has asked for a similar build recently. If there is nothing that meets your needs, feel free to make a new post.
When you make a new thread, please include all of the following:
- Operating System or Peripherals (Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, etc) needed?
- Where you are located (to determine if you are near a Microcenter)
- Any other personal preferences or requirements (such as overclocking)?
Stay within the budget (use the price from before rebates), check all parts to make sure they are compatible, be sure to read through the description that the OP creates.
Subreddits that may interest you:
- /r/buildapc - A large community dedicated to the discussion of all things PC building.
- /r/buildapcsales - Find all the best deals on parts that you may never see elsewhere!
- /r/hardwareswap - Got old parts and looking to upgrade? Maybe someone has that trade you're looking for.
- /r/gaming_gear - A great resource for finding the right gaming accessories for you. News, opinions, and recommendations on the latest in gaming gear.