74,496 subscribers a community for 8 years, 8 monthslast post 2 days ago [+]
Recommended Chemistry Books: (We're asked often)
- Cookies Crumble, Molecular Stories, Napoleon's Buttons, Uncle Tungsten, Poisoner's Handbook, Billion Dollar Molecule, Salt, Science Cathedrals
Rules: Violating a rule may result in a ban
- Ask homework questions at ChemicalForums or ChemHelp otherwise your post will be deleted.
- Discussions on illicit drug synthesis, bomb making, and other nefarious deeds are not allowed and will lead to a ban. However, academic discussions on pharmaceutical chemistry and the science of explosives are permitted.
- No memes, rage comics, image macros, reaction gifs, or otherwise "zero-content" material. Ever.
- Likewise, simple pictures of uninteresting and garden variety chemistry-related things are not appreciated. If a caption or explanation is included this helps, but please use your discretion.
- Before asking about chemical drawing/illustration programs, look at your school's IT/software website and see if they provide an institutional license of ChemDraw (hint: if they have a chemistry department, they will)
- No physorg, sciencedaily, or other press release aggregator spam!
- Yes links to blogs, images, videos, comics, and infographics are okay especially if they are on your personal website.
- If you spill/injure yourself contact medical professionals and read the MSDS, do not post to this reddit.
Related Science Reddits: