Check out the Best Porn Sites for an ad-free browsing experience!
36,300 subscribers a community for 6 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
- Circlebroke FAQ
- What is Circlebroke?
A place for discussing, criticizing or complaining about reddit and its "circlejerks." It's like /r/circlejerk without the satire, or /r/TheoryOfReddit for cool well adjusted people with high powered jobs, posting from exotic locales.
- What does "circlejerk" mean?
This post gives a good definition, but in practice the term "circlejerk" gets used to describe just about anything.
- Does my post have to be about a circlejerk?
No, in the sense there's no objective way to gauge whether something is a circlejerk. Yes, in the sense that your post needs to relate to a general trend on reddit. See our guidelines below.
- If reddit is jerking, does that mean that most CB threads are guilty of counterjerking?
Do you realize how silly that sentence sounds? Not every instance of users taking a side on an issue is an example of "jerking" or "anti-jerking."
- What makes a good CB post?
A provocative, engaging, entertainingly vitriolic (and sometimes even useful) discussion about reddit with a unique, descriptive title.
- Why are some usernames marked with special fonts or colors?
We have highlighted the usernames of those who have routinely made positive contributions to CB by changing the font to Helvetica. Users who have flouted the guidelines in some way have been flagged with Comic Sans.
- Is this place SRS-Lite?
- Why is everyone here so angry?
Maybe they've spent too much time on reddit. Try not to get too excited.
- Should I take this place seriously?
Look at the URL. Do you see "reddit.com?" If so, remember that this place is vulnerable to the same problems it complains about. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for noticing this.
- Community Guidelines
- Don't comment on linked threads, or comment here from linked threads elsewhere.
- Your post should be about reddit.
- Super low effort posts go to /r/circlebroke2. Social justice posts go to /r/openbroke. Meta or moderation issues are requested to go to /r/circlebrokediscussion.
- Do not target individual users or call attention to arguments you are embroiled in.
- Please use the np.reddit.com domain when linking to content in other subreddits.
- No fighting words or name-calling. Do not engage in the abuse or harassment of other users, or advocate violence.
- Irrelevant, off-topic or inane comments may be subject to removal.
- Throwaways, new users and bots may be banned without explanation.
- ^^^^^We ^^^^^reserve ^^^^^the ^^^^^right ^^^^^to ^^^^^use ^^^^^and ^^^^^abuse ^^^^^our ^^^^^mod ^^^^^powers ^^^^^for ^^^^^any ^^^^^reason ^^^^^or ^^^^^even ^^^^^no ^^^^^reason ^^^^^at ^^^^^all.
- Related Reading
- Recommended Reading