55,793 subscribers a community for 9 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
“Civilization can die, because it has already died once.” - Ulrich von Wilamowitz-Moellendorff
Discussion regarding the potential collapse of global civilization: a social and technological upheaval that results in a far more simplified society in terms of social order, technology, economy, and interdependencies, with an inability to rebuild within centuries or millennia.
Overindulging in this sub may be detrimental to your mental health. Anxiety and depression are common reactions to collapse-related news, so if you are feeling overwhelmed, please be conscious of your mental health and the effect this may have on you. As ever, if you are considering suicide, please seek professional help. These hotlines are only a call away.
Posts and comments must follow the rules:
1. Posts must be relevant to societal collapse
2. No prepper or survivalist posts
3. No product reviews or recommendations
4. No conspiracy theories or false material
5. No duplicate posts
6. No discriminatory material
7. Detailed titles for spoken-word material
8. No trolling or abusive behavior
9. Keep one eye on Reddit's content policy
Not a rule but a suggestion: if your submission doesn't have an immediately obvious link to collapse, it may be worth leaving a short Submission Statement in the thread to provide context for those who may not be familiar with the material.
-------- detailed rules --------
Users with accounts that are less than 24 hours old and users whose comment karma is -100 will have their submissions and comments removed pending moderator review.
Removed posts are automatically posted to /r/collapse_wilds by a bot. Click here to see the bot's source code.
Short and sharp:
- /r/DieOff, /r/apocalypse, /r/TEOTWAWKI, /r/shtf
Big picture, long-term:
- /r/energy, /r/peakoil
- /r/overpopulation, /r/environment, /r/Stormcoming
- /r/collapsedoc -- collapse documentaries
- /r/DarkFuturology -- sci-fi levels of inequality, machine rule, etc
- /r/MakeTotalDestr0i -- studies, papers and analysis related to collapse
Wide-Angle, general, big, bad news:
Solutions & survival:
- /r/postcollapse, /r/Preppers
- /r/survival, /r/bushcraft
- /r/selfsufficiency, /r/homestead, /r/frugal
- /r/FoodSovereignty, /r/seedstock, /r/PhysicGarden
- /r/Renewables, /r/sustainability
- /r/permaculture, /r/foraging
- /r/resilientcommunities, /r/Rad_Decentralization, /r/transition
- /r/Anarchism, /r/revolution
- /r/policestate, /r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut
- /r/Cryptogon, /r/conspiracy, /r/Conspirology
- Low-tech Magazine
- Our Finite World
- Peak Oil Barrel
- Desdemona Despair
- Club Orlov
- Cassandra Legacy
- Life Itself Blog
Need a break? /r/Futurology !