113,137 subscribers a community for 7 years, 6 monthslast post today [+]
This is intended as a safe environment. Please read the rules and remember to remain kind and civil
A full list of rules can be found HERE. Please ensure you understand /r/confession's rules before posting and/or commenting.
All submissions must be a confession
A confession is defined in this subreddit as: (1) An acknowledgement or admission of wrongdoing; and/or (2) a statement admitting that you are guilty of a wrongdoing.
Currently, we do not accept posts that encourage rape/rape culture, sexualise minors, are racist, pornographic, pedophilloic, suicidal, or relationship-based. There are subreddits out there more well-suited to these types of posts.
- An unpopular opinion is not a confession, nor is your sexual exploration.
- With the exception of [light] posts, we do not accept posts with limited context.
- Meta posts are for moderator use only, please create your own title.
Your submission must contain at least one tag in the body of the post or it will be removed by our automoderator. The tags are as follows:
[No Regrets] - If you don't feel bad for your actions.
[Remorse] - For those that feel bad for their actions
[Light] - For casual and/or positive confessions.
[Support Only] - OP only wants supportive advice
[Tough Love] - OP is okay with commentators being more honest/blunt.
- Keep your comments kind & civil. Any form of abuse is not permitted. While disagreeing and constructive advice is openly welcome, if you are unable to refrain from abusive word choice, please refrain from commenting in that thread instead.
- Please do not encourage harmful/illegal behaviour.
- Accusations of fake posts are not allowed.
- No memes/trolling.
- No attempts to identify OP.
Violations will be removed. Repeat violations will result in a ban. See below for removal and ban appeal processes
Suicide Watch|Relationships :--:|:--: 7 Cups of Tea|Assistance Bisexual|Change My View Coming Out|Depression Dead Bedrooms|LGBT Make Me Feel Better|Need Advice Rainbow (LGBT community)|Relationship Advice |
> Follow the steps below to have your comment or post approved.
- Read the rules to determine which was violated
- Remove the offending portion of your post or comment
- Message the moderators to have the post or comment approved (skip to this step if the removal was in error)
> Follow the steps below to have your ban reversed
- Read the rules and review your post history to determine why you were banned
- Message the moderators with a case as to why your ban should be reversed. This should be based on the information in the first step. (If the ban was in error, skip to this step)
Please post in the sticky thread or message the moderators