Creepy PMs: Internet Support Group for the Creeped-Upon (/r/creepyPMs)
- Creepy PMs FAQ
- What is Creepy PMs?
- CreepyPMs is a subreddit for posting creepy, inappropriate, bizarre, awkward, or offensive PMs. Consider everything here to be adult material, and possibly triggering.
- CreepyPMs is also a support sub, a safe space for people who have been creeped on. That means comments that are not conducive to a supportive and positive environment may be removed, even if they don't violate the rules.
- What kind of community is /r/creepyPMs?
- We are feminist and women-friendly. You don't have to identify as such, but you must be respectful of the environment. Low-substance humor and stale hivemind circlejerks are not welcome.
- Is it OK to share personal anecdotes and stories?
- Yes, especially if they are relevant to the post. However, our rules still apply. If your story defends or supports the creep, derails the discussion, or isn't empathetic towards the recipient of the messages, it will be removed. Questions regarding whether or not you come off as creepy should be directed to /r/relationships.
- Rules & Guidelines
- REMEMBER: CreepyPMs is a support sub.
- The interpretation, definition, and enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of the mods. Click the [?] symbol for details.
- Absolutely no personal information. Completely block out any names, usernames, email addresses, face pictures, or other easily identifiable information. We recommend using a throwaway when submitting. If you'd like advice on your situation, use a [CAW] tag. Use a [TW] tag to warn about triggers. If you forget something, message the mods for help. [?]
- Be civil and supportive. We have zero tolerance for racism, sexism, transphobia, ableism, and homophobia. Jerkish, judgmental, and exclusionary behavior is unwelcome. Use /s to denote sarcasm. [?]
- Private messages only. Any site or service OK. [?]
- We encourage creepy posts of all kinds, from the mildly off-putting, weird, and lacking in social graces to the downright terrifying. Remember, creepiness is subjective. If you don't think it's creepy, downvote and move on. [?]
- No creeping. No victim-blaming. Don't put the OP on trial. Don't support or defend the creep. Don't derail the discussion. [?]
- If you wish to discuss or have a complaint with our moderation or rules, or you've been warned for a rule violation, message us. Attempts to address these things in the comment section will be removed. Message us for permission prior to making a meta post or it will be removed. Avoid cliche post titles like "girls can be creepy too" as they insinuate only men can be creepy. [?]
- Use the report button or message the mods to report comments that violate the rules. We listen.
Wiki, tools, tips, and help
Our wiki /r/creepyPMs/wiki is a trove of useful information
- If you are under age and someone is asking for nude pictures you can Report Offenders using www.cybertipline.com, or call 1-800-843-5678
- Without My Consent offers information and resources for online harassment and its implications.
- Find your state's cyberstalking and cyberharassment laws here.
- Stitch It! iPhone app for arranging and presenting creepy messages.
- Meta Stuff
- /r/creepsupport if you're a creep and want help
- Ex-creeper IAmA
- Thank you to Aithos for our flair and banner images.
Read the rules before posting AND commenting.
137,896 subscribers - a community for 2 years - last post 20 days ago [+]