111,659 subscribers a community for 4 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
FILTER POSTS BY LENGTH (new)
- All posts are subject to mod review and removal.
- We are NOT FatPeopleHate or FatPeopleObservations or StoryWithAFatPersonInIt.
- No videos, random pictures, or articles. No exceptions.
- No personal pictures or information unless they are of yourself. Would not recommend doing this. No demands for the same.
- Although some hyperbole is expected, this sub should not be a place to practice your creative writing skills. We expect that most of these situations are grounded in reality.
- We want to hear more stories, none of this 'let me know if you want to hear more' stuff.
- Do NOT harass authors in the comments. You will be banned. Everyone else: if you see this, use the report button. Furthermore, "that happened" comments will be removed.
- Days on which you can post non-stories: Meta Monday is for random stuff that fits nowhere else in this sub, but is still relevant. TiTP (This is Thin Privilege) Thursdays, screencaps of weird shit you find anywhere online, but screencaps only. F2F Fridays, your weight-loss and/or fitness journey; you may include pics if you like.
KEEP IN MIND
- Please note that we are NOT in any way, shape, or form affiliated with FatPeopleHate. If you came here looking for that, get out. We do not support bullying and hate.
- FULL POSTING GUIDE HERE.
- This is Fat People Stories. A place to post stories about fat people. Generally you will find articles don't belong, and memes never belong. Videos and pictures of fat people are also on the list of "not belonging."
- This is Thin Privilege/similar Tumblr posts are only allowed on Thin Privilege Thursdays, tag with [TP]. (2 to 3 TP posts max per person)
- Metas are only allowed on Meta Mondays. Tag meta discussions with [Meta].
- Fridays are Fat2Fit Fridays, share your journey! tag [F2F]
- Link to multipart stories.
- TL;DR the end of longer stories!
- Greentext (not mandatory) by putting a ">" before each line, hit enter twice**.
What makes a good FPS?
- Read a few, you'll pick up on what's good and what isn't pretty fast.
- It's all not always fun and games, be prepared to experience all spectrums of rage, lols, and feels. And expect to be permanently forever grossed out.
- This sub is a place for you to tell us about hamplanets in your life and your relationships/encounters with them. Remember that hamplanet is not just about the weight, but also the hamentality - rudeness, entitlement, fatlogic, etc. Not all fat people are hambeasts but all hambeasts are fat people.
- Please adhere to Reddiquette along with our community rules, which can be found at the top of the sidebar.
- Our wiki has a collection of FPS series. Should give you an idea of what a good FPS is. Big thanks to /u/afterbang for initiating the list.
- See the wiki on weight loss resources here.
- To the hambeasts here who no longer wish to be one? Here's a good place to start!
- Big thanks to /u/afterbang for this post full of juicy resources for those who dont know where to begin loving your body!
Eating Disorder Help Links
- The National Eating Disorders Assocation, a body in the US
- A self-screening about EDs
- Some online ED support groups
- And, a little more specifically for those working on recovery from restriction, some very supportive reddit communities:
- /r/gainit : a great community, very supportive.
/r/gainitmeals : recipes and tips
If you're a student, there's a very good chance your uni/college has resources specifically for helping students with EDs.
- (Many thanks to /u/mytenththrowaway for the above!)
Need *EVEN MOAR*?
- /r/KitchenPrivilege - if you mention a recipe in your story, consider posting it in the FPS recipe sub
Hey Guys Guess What!
- Most of the stories and information posted here may very well be artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.