19,115 subscribers a community for 8 yearslast post today [+]
GameMaker is software that makes coding games simple and easy to learn, featuring a unique drag-and-drop system and its own language called GML for more extensive and complex programming!
Content that does not follow the subreddit guidelines is subject to deletion, so please become familiar with them.
- Content must be directly related to GameMaker
- Content must be in English
- Content must not be obscene, illegal, racist or offensive
- Content must not use "click-bait" titles, shortened links, or solicitation
- Content must demonstrate a previous effort and research before posting and must provide adequate detailed information
- Show respect to all users of the subreddit and have patience with other users when providing help
- Promotional content must contribute to the community
- Technical support requests are to be directed to YoYo Games Support
- Content must be appropriately flaired at the time of submission
Schedule | Content | Summary ---|---|---- Monday | Quick Questions | Ask questions, ask for assistance or ask about something else entirely. Wednesday | Game Design & Development| Discuss game design and game development. Friday | Feedback Friday | Play games and lend feedback Saturday | Screenshot Saturday | Share the latest pictures and videos of your game Monthly| Monthly Challenge | Are you in need of motivation? Then take a stab at these creative challenges. Bi-weekly | Community Spotlight | Shining a light on high-quality projects and resources created by our community.
For more than 3 years, the tight-knit community of /r/gamemaker has run the game jam gm(48) for GameMaker developers of all ages and experience levels. The gm(48) is a casual, fun game jam that helps you to learn and grow as a developer.
The next gm(48) will take place on April 15, 2017.