22,932 subscribers a community for 9 yearslast post today [+]
GameMaker is software designed to make developing games easy and fun. It features a unique "Drag-and-Drop" system which allows non-programmers to make simple games. Additionally, experienced coders can take advantage of its built in scripting language, "GML" to design and create fully-featured, professional grade games.
Content that does not follow the subreddit guidelines is subject to deletion, so please become familiar with them.
- Content must be directly related to GameMaker
- Content must be in English
- Content must not be obscene, illegal, racist or offensive
- Content must not use "click-bait" titles, shortened links, or solicitation
- Content must demonstrate a previous effort and research before posting and must provide adequate detailed information
- Show respect to all users of the subreddit and have patience with other users when providing help
- Promotional content must contribute to the community
- Technical support requests are to be directed to YoYo Games Support
- Content must be appropriately flaired at the time of submission
Schedule | Content | Summary ---|---|---- Monday | Quick Questions | Ask questions, ask for assistance or ask about something else entirely. Wednesday | Game Design & Development| Discuss game design and game development. Friday | Feedback Friday | Play games and lend feedback Saturday | Screenshot Saturday | Share the latest pictures and videos of your game Monthly| Monthly Challenge | Are you in need of motivation? Then take a stab at these creative challenges. Bi-weekly | Community Spotlight | Shining a light on high-quality projects and resources created by our community.
For more than 8 years, the tight-knit community of /r/gamemaker has run the game jam gm(48) for GameMaker developers of all ages and experience levels. The gm(48) is a casual, fun game jam that helps you to learn and grow as a developer.
The next gm(48) will take place on January 13th, 2018.