97,819 subscribers a community for 1 yearlast post unknown [+]
Gatekeeping: when someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity:
> "I love punk bands like Green Day!"
> "Ugh, they're not even punk. They totally sold out."
> "Oh man, I love Harry Potter. I am such a geek!"
> "Hardly. Talk to me when you're into theoretical physics."
> "Erika Moen is my favorite queer cartoonist."
> "She's not queer, she married a man!"
> "Quit your gatekeeping. No one died and made you Queen of the Gays!"
This sub is for the cringey enjoyment of observing gatekeepers in the wild.
Screenshots preferred, well-told stories also welcome.
- ALL SATIRE OR JOKE POSTS MUST HAVE "SATIRE" FLAIR. Posts that are not appropriately flaired will be reported and removed.
- No bullying or provoking witch-hunts - Censor out usernames and do not link or ask for personal information of anyone featured on /r/gatekeeping.
- No creepshots - Do not post pictures of individuals who were unaware that a picture was being taken or would be shared publicly online.
- Gatekeeping-related content only - The post should at least be somewhat related to gatekeeping.
- Subpar or inappropriate content may be removed at the mod's discretion.
- No gender or flame wars. No trollbaiting or stirring up drama. Leave your ideologies at the door.
- No misogyny or misandry.
- No Gamergate or Anti-Gamergate posts, take that shit to the subs that cater specifically to that.
(rules adopted and adapted from r/justneckbeardthings)