229,759 subscribers a community for 1 year, 7 monthslast post unknown [+]
Gatekeeping: when someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity:
> "I love punk bands like Green Day!"
> "Ugh, they're not even punk. They totally sold out."
> "Oh man, I love Harry Potter. I am such a geek!"
> "Hardly. Talk to me when you're into theoretical physics."
> "Erika Moen is my favorite queer cartoonist."
> "She's not queer, she married a man!"
> "Quit your gatekeeping. No one died and made you Queen of the Gays!"
This sub is for the cringey enjoyment of observing gatekeepers in the wild.
Screenshots preferred, well-told stories also welcome.
- ALL SATIRE OR JOKE POSTS MUST HAVE "SATIRE" FLAIR. Posts that are not appropriately flaired will be reported and removed.
- No bullying or provoking witch-hunts - Censor out usernames and do not link or ask for personal information of anyone featured on /r/gatekeeping. Anyone who engages in doxxing will be banned immediately.
- No creepshots - Do not post pictures of individuals who were unaware that a picture was being taken or would be shared publicly online.
- Gatekeeping-related content only - The post should at least be somewhat related to gatekeeping.
- Subpar or inappropriate content may be removed at the mod's discretion.
- No gender or flame wars. No trollbaiting or stirring up drama. Leave your ideologies at the door.
- No misogyny or misandry. No hate speech is allowed, we are a fun community, for everyone. Please remember the human behind the comments.
No Gamergate or Anti-Gamergate posts, take that shit to the subs that cater specifically to that.
NEW: No common reposts allowed. No reposts from the past 30 days on this community, or the past 60 days anywhere on Reddit. Posts can be removed at moderators discretion, and users who repost multiple times may be banned.
(rules adopted and adapted from r/justneckbeardthings)