16,278 subscribers a community for 9 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
For discussion of genetics research (all organisms welcome), case studies/medical genetics, ethical issues, questions for geneticists, etc.
If your post is not showing up or receiving any views, it may be caught in the automatic spam filter. Message the mod team by clicking here, or by sending a message to /r/genetics.
- Be nice - No trolling, personal attacks, hate speech, bullying, harassment, etc.
- No spam - Don't post repeated links to a single website for advertising, and no crowdfunding (exceptions to this rule may be allowed if you contact the mod team).
- No pseudoscience - This includes any form of proselytizing or promoting personal agendas
- Don't misrepresent your education/knowledge - Use of user flair (and post flair) is highly encouraged, but not required. Speculation is fine as long as it is stated as such, but an abundance of incorrect information may result in a ban.
- Questions relating to personal genetics, heritage, the results of a genetic analysis (23andme, ancestry, or similar), etc. must be contained to the weekly "Weekly personal genetics/heritage discussion thread".
Please use the report feature to notify the moderators of rule violations so they can be dealt with quickly.
*Mods reserve the right to remove any posts or comments at their discretion. If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to contact the mod team via the link above
If you are looking for homework help, try /r/HomeworkHelp or /r/AskBiology