35,735 subscribers a community for 8 years, 11 monthslast post 22 days ago [+]
- No profanity: Keep it clean
- No torrent links or P2P of copyrighted material: We want to avoid legal trouble, so please don't share links like this in posts or comments.
- Flair your posts: Please make sure to flair your posts by clicking the "flair" button below the post.
- Build Questions Must Have Adequate Information: At a minimum, you must provide your Motherboard Model, CPU, and GPU. RAM/HDD/SSD/Monitor/Accessories are usually not the cause of issues (though you may provide them anyway). We reserve the right to remove posts that don't meet the minimum criteria. If you are asking about a Laptop, you must provide the full model number.
- Search Before Posting: If your question has already been posted before (even if not by you), please make sure to read the other post before posting. In the event it doesn't answer your question/problem, please link prior post you read and then ask about what you don't understand.
What is a Hackintosh?
A Hackintosh is a non-Apple computer that runs Mac OS X.
AMD USERS READ THIS: Though technically permitted, the general consensus on Hackintoshes with AMD CPUs is that they're more trouble than they're worth. We probably won't be able to help with any AMD-related issues.
OS X INSTALLERS NOTE: This sub is dedicated to legally obtained copies of OS X. Please do not ask, or post, about things like iAtkos, Niresh, or any other modified OS X installer that may have malicious code in it!
Check out the brand-new FAQ! (currently outdated - pending updates)
Make sure you post your Hackintosh's specifications when you ask questions.
How to install macOS on a PC
- How to Dual Boot Windows and macOS
- Dual Boot on the Same Drive
- Getting iMessage working
- Backing Up EFI Partition
- Fixing AppleALC Audio
Check if your computer is compatible with Mac OS X.
Informative threads homegrown here from /r/hackintosh
*Patching audio with hackintosh setups - posted by /u/TheRacerMaster
Additional Hackintoshing resources
- InsanelyMac forum
- AMD OS X
- tonymacx86 forum