165,545 subscribers a community for 8 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
• /r/headphones is a community for discussion around all topics related to headphones and personal audio.
If this is your first visit to our community, please familiarize yourself with the all content in this sidebar - as it will make your stay more pleasant. You are also encouraged to check the menu at the top of the screen, containing links for further learning, past discussions, and to a number of audio-friendly subreddits.
Before posting, please consider using the search function. A lot of questions have already been answered in the past, often comprehensively.
Enjoy your stay!
- Be most excellent towards your fellow redditors. And by "be most excellent" we mean no personal attacks, threats, bullying, trolling, baiting, flaming, hate speech, racism, sexism, or other behavior that makes humanity look like scum.
- Purchases requests are required to be asked in /r/headphoneadvice, please read our community guide before seeking advice as you may find what you're looking for there. Comparison posts will be allowed as per moderators discretion.
- Image posts must be headphone related. If you're showing off your gear, the image must show the actual equipment, no solo pictures of boxes. A description of the headphones must be included, including thoughts on sound, build, and fit. Other headphone related images such as memes and wallpapers are allowed at the discretion of the moderators. Low-effort posts will also be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- We do not allow: affiliate links, links to affiliate farms, pirated content, NSFW/NSFL content, market research, surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, spam or self promotion.
- Selling or buying? Please use /r/AVExchange
- Post loudspeakers and loudspeaker-related content in /r/audiophile
Off-topic content is removed at the discretion of moderators
- [Review] - This includes any post that is a person sharing their thoughts on a headphone, includes impressions and reviews.
- [Discussion] - Posts that are meant to generate discussion on any relevant subject to headphones.
- [News] - Posts that are related to industry news.
- [Drama] - For juicy news or discussion.
- [DIY/Mod] - Posts that involve modifying or creating something headphone related.
- [Deal] - Posts that link to deals for headphones or related equipment.
- [Humor] - For memes and other comedic posts.
- [Help Request] - Encompasses all /r/headphones approved help topics including technical support questions.
- [Comparison Request] - For all headphone or headphone gear comparison questions.
- [Meta] - Posts that talk about the state of the sub.
What we want to see
- Content that facilitates discussion about personal audio.
- New hardware releases and news.
- Reviews of your headphone-related products.
- Discussions on audio technology.
- Pictures of your sweet rig.
- DIY projects, both from the ground up and modding.
Post not appearing?
If you made a post to /r/headphones that is in accordance with our rules as listed above, and it doesn't seem to appear on the front page, please message the moderators.
- Headphone & DAC/Amp purchase recommendations
- FAQ & ELI5
- Directory of recommended stores
- Output Impedance Database
Tools and Tutorials
- crinacle's Ranked IEM List (170 Entries)
- Beyerdynamic DT Variants Guide
- [Glossary Of Audio Terms] (http://www.stereophile.com//reference/50/)
- How to Insert IEMs
- /r/audiophile - Speakers and audio reproduction
- /r/audiophilemusic - Music for audiophiles
- /r/audioengineering - Pro audio/engineering
- /r/diyaudio - Do-It-Yourself Audio - also /r/diytubes and /r/diysound
- /r/BudgetAudiophile - for restricted budget-hifi
- /r/headphonemods - DIY Headphone mods
- /r/headphoneporn - Headphone pictures
- /r/audiorepair - Repair help for audio gear
- /r/AVexchange - Trade used AV gear
- /r/avporn - AV pictures
- /r/CarAV - Car Audio and Video
- /r/vintageaudio - Vintage audio gear
- /r/vinyl - Turntables & Records
Moderators may at their discretion remove content that fits better in one of the above subreddits.