37,497 subscribers a community for 7 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
Discuss-Share-Advise all things Audio and Video Related
General Posting Guidelines
- Be courteous, respectful and above all HELPFUL.
- Post pictures of your setup!, even if it isn't finished.
- Many questions have already been answered, USE SEARCH.
- No direct LINKING to Articles or Deal sites. Use a Self Post with link in description.
- When requesting help for issues POST DETAILED PICS. They always help.
- Companies - No Posting links to your products. Consult Mods.
- Check Buying Guides before asking "What TV, Speakers, Subs fit blah blah". A Sticky post may also exist helping with buying decisions. Search should be used as your query has probably come up.
99.9% of the time Soundbars or HTiB (Home Theater in a Box) systems are not a good investment of your time and money. It is the general consensus of r/hometheater not to recommend these things and instead simply steer a user toward a 2.0 or 2.1 system made of quality, Audio-Centric name brand components easy to assemble and cheap enough for low budget or space conscious buyers. Most can be expanded to 5.1 if you buy items in the correct order.
Audio/Video Discussion Subreddits:
- /r/Audio - Pro Audio and Recording
- /r/Audiophile - Audio quality and reproduction in all forms.
- /r/AVexchange - Sell or Trade AV equipment
- /r/AVporn - Photos of Audio and Video Gear
- /r/DIYaudio - Want to build your own speakers/amps? Here
- /r/DIYsound - Want to build your own speakers/amps? Here
- /r/DVDCollection - DVD and BluRay Collectors
- /r/Headphones - Headphones and Portable Audio
- /r/HTPC - Home Theater and Media PC related discussion
- /r/Projectors - Projector Specific Sub (Join the 100" screen elite!)
- /r/Zeos - Buying guides and One on One Audio help Subreddit.
Join the #REDDITAUDIO IRC Chat!