164,255 subscribers a community for 10 yearslast post today [+]
** Ongoing: * Look What I Got!!! * Buy-Sell-Trade-Promote * Weekly WIPs * Ask A Knitter * KAL **
What have you discovered through your knitting? Share your questions and answers, triumphs and frustrations, stories and inspirations here.
What have you found on the internet? If it's fascinating, funny or useful, let us know!
We're also on [Ravelry ] (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/reddit-knitters) with [these usernames] (http://www.reddit.com/r/knitting/wiki/ravnames) and on IRC
1. Be kind -- and use reddiquette
2. We're a community, not a bulletin board or marketplace. Keep promotional content to the bi-weekly (Thursdays) BSTP thread.
3. Use titles that are descriptive and SFW. !@#$ at your knitting in the comments.
4. Use care with humor. Avoid memes/pics without a strong knitting connection. Provide commentary and background if you feel strongly about posting a "funny."
5. WIPs, unless asking for help, go in the weekly Wed. thread. Yarn, Stash & Notions pics go in the "Look What I Got!!!" Monday thread.
6. FOs: include design and yarn info in the COMMENTS, and check back to answer questions. Put [FO] in [brackets] in your title for automatic flair. Use links! Use /u/RavBot!
7. Avoid direct links to personal blogs, stores, or sites. Linking inside text posts is usually fine, but see #2.
8. Respect International Copyright. Do not post pictures of patterns or large sections of pattern text. When in doubt, message the mods.
To maintain a vibrant, commerce-free haven for interaction, discovery, and growth through knitting. Promotional links, memes without a significant knitting connection, and images posted without comments or background information may be removed -- but can often be posted in one of the related subs below.
Do you want to...?
- Learn to knit? Try our wiki, Knitting Help or Garnstudio
- Find a pattern? Start with Ravelry, we do.
- Get pattern suggestions? Try the wiki's.
- Get technical help? Try Techknitter first.
- Start a group project or activity? Go right ahead, as long as it's not for commercial or personal gain.
Filter by flairs - for desktop users
Still Confused? Message the mods.
/r/knitrequest (commissioned work)
/r/yarnporn (photos of yarn)
/r/yarntrolls (memes & gifs)
/r/kitting (cats, cats, cats)
/r/crafts (links to all handcraft subs)
/r/ArtisanGifts (selling wares)