Welcome to LearnProgramming!
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions section before posting.
Message the Moderators with suggestions or to rescue posts from the spam filter
Chat on our unofficial IRC at #learnprogramming on Freenode!
- Ask questions the smart way. Learn how to write the perfect question. Read the full guidelines for asking questions.
- Please use a descriptive title and specify the language or tech you're working with.
- Good Example: [C++] Segmentation fault while writing to array in a for loop
- Bad Example: What's wrong with this?
- If your question gets answered, use link flair to mark it as solved
- When posting code on this subreddit, please post a small, self-contained, correct example, i.e. a minimal, runnable example.
- Minimal means that it should be the smallest amount of code necessary to demonstrate your problem.
- Runnable means that someone should be able to take the code as is, compile and/or run it, and reproduce your problem.
- Never post a screenshot of your code! Use one of the tools below instead.
- When offering help, you don't have to be an expert to answer a question. If you can help, chime in, just follow these guidelines.
Recommended Tools for Posting Code:
Gist: for long code and code in multiple files.
IDEone: for code that must be executable.
See the full guidelines for more explanation.
Frequently Asked Questions
No Rewards: LearnProgramming does not condone monetary or other rewards for work within the community.
Good Content: Any external resources linked to should be up-to-date and correct.
Good Comments: Abusive, racist, or derogatory comments towards individuals or groups are not permitted.
No Referral Links: Please refrain from posting referral links to Amazon or other sites.
Violating a rule is grounds for removal of the post or comment at moderator discretion.