324,683 subscribers a community for 7 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to LearnProgramming!
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions page before posting.
Message the Moderators with suggestions or to rescue posts from the spam filter
- Ask questions the smart way. Learn how to write the perfect question. Read the full guidelines for asking questions.
- DO NOT DELETE YOUR POST
- Please use a descriptive title and specify the language or tech you're working with.
- Good Example: [C++] Segmentation fault while writing to array in a for loop
- Bad Example: What's wrong with this?
- If your question gets answered, use link flair to mark it as solved
- When posting code on this subreddit, please post a small, self-contained, correct example, i.e. a minimal, runnable example.
- Minimal means that it should be the smallest amount of code necessary to demonstrate your problem.
- Runnable means that someone should be able to take the code as is, compile and/or run it, and reproduce your problem.
- Never post a screenshot of your code! Use one of the tools below instead.
- When offering help, you don't have to be an expert to answer a question. If you can help, chime in, just follow these guidelines.
- Never give out complete solutions - help, guide, but do not solve! - Violators of this rule will receive a 10 day ban without prior notice!
Recommended Tools for Posting Code:
Redditlint: to easily format code for posts (best for short code)
Gist: for long code and code in multiple files.
IDEone: for code that must be executable.
Markdown Tables Generator: to produce nicely formatted tables
See the full guidelines for more explanation.
Frequently Asked Questions
No Rewards: LearnProgramming does not condone monetary or other rewards for work within the community.
Good Content: Any external resources linked to should be up-to-date and correct.
Good Comments: Abusive, racist, or derogatory comments towards individuals or groups are not permitted.
No Referral Links: Please refrain from posting referral links to Amazon or other sites.
No Complete Solutions: Don't give out complete solutions. Guide the OP to the solution, but do not solve it for them.
No piracy: Do not ask for or post any links to pirated or otherwise illegal material. Such links will be removed and the poster will be permanently banned without further warning.
Violating a rule is grounds for removal of the post or comment at moderator discretion.