659,957 subscribers a community for 9 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
PLEASE READ THE SIDEBAR AND REPORT ANY POSTS WHICH DO NOT MEET THE GUIDELINES
What are lifehacks?
- Uncommon solutions to common problems.
- Unusual ways of using everyday objects to make life easier.
- Simple and practical tips that may not be obvious.
These kinds of posts will get REMOVED
- Tips for problems which affect only 1 in a million people.
- Self-improvement tips. (try /r/zenhabits)
- Commercial products with a specific purpose. (try /r/shutupandtakemymoney)
- Food recipes. (try /r/foodhacks)
- Software being used in the way it was designed to be used (that includes keyboard shortcuts)
- Life Pro-Tips. /r/lifeprotips are for all kinds of tips for life (Text Posts Only). /r/lifehacks is for solving problems. Basically, if there was no problem/issue in the first place then it's not a lifehack.
- Memes, gifs, image macros, plain-text image posts.
These kinds of posts will be removed and the user BANNED
- Spam (especially blogspam).
- Attacking or being aggressive to others.
- Personal information.
The mods also reserve the right to remove any particularly bad quality posts at their discretion.
If you see anyone breaking the rules above, please report the post and/or message the mods.
If something is not reported, it will most likely slip past us. Reporting it brings it to our attention and will definitely be looked at by someone.