33,968 subscribers a community for 3 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
We have an IRC channel! #linuxmasterrace on irc.snoonet.org
web client here: http://webchat.snoonet.org/linuxmasterrace
Regular client link: irc://irc.snoonet.org/linuxmasterrace
Read our wiki for more info!
This is not a satirical or circlejerk subreddit. This is a normal casual Linux subreddit with some satirical & humor elements.
Looking for help? Check /r/linux4noobs and /r/linuxquestions, they have more subscribers you'll find help there easier.
Want to learn about linux? https://linuxjourney.com/
A subset of the Glorious PC Master Race, the Linux Master Race promotes the glorious operating systems that run using the free and open source Linux kernel. Linux differs from the disgustingly proprietary operating systems like Windows and Mac OS by being open and freely influenced by anyone with the necessary desire and abilities.
Why use Linux?
- Less malware than OSX and Windows.
- It's faster and more efficient than OSX and Windows.
- No bloatware included.
- You can make your desktop look however you want. Literally.
- You can update all your computer's software with a single click.
- Runs on pretty much anything, no matter how old it is.
- You can see every line of code it uses, so you know there's no NSA backdoor. They tried (and failed) to get a backdoor inserted into Linux. There are also no keyloggers built-in, unlike in Windows
- It costs exactly $0.
- According to Gabe Newell, it's the future of PC gaming (as is SteamOS).
- By using it, you ascend even higher into the /r/PCMasterRace
- Read more
- Also check our wiki (WIP)
We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.
For expansions on the three basic rules, view the full rules page here.
Additionally, posts that are Microsoft/Windows related may only be posted on Mondays. Posts including Microsoft/Windows that also relate to Linux will be allowed with moderator discretion.
I use Windows or Mac alongside Linux. Can I join the Linux Master Race?
- Alas, currently the Mac squids, and even more so the Windows krill, do not realize the inevitable triumph of the Linux OS. This is an unfortunate fact, and it may force many penguins to use the crude systems of the seafood. Even if persecuted in this way, as long as one believes in the supremacy of Linux, one may become a member of the Linux Master Race. One day the trials will end and we shall rise above all, but use the systems of the squids and krill for what you need and only for what you need, and persevere in the hope of the future.
Header by /u/Vladorz
Snoo-Tux (Snux) by /u/0ctobox
The masterrace network
Minecraft server: minecraft.linuxmasterrace.xyz