11,757 subscribers a community for 4 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
This is our private blog, a special resource for Reddit's GMs. Feel free to share and discuss original lore, story arcs, sub-plots, and plans for quests and encounters of all sizes.
Utilize this subreddit like an incubator for cunning schemes. Need a quest for your next session? Search for one here.
Unless linking to an online [resource], use self-posts and embed your media within them.
When asking for critiques, please provide specific questions or issues.
To simplify searches, use the appropriate title format for self-posts on the topics below.
- [NPC] RP strategies and backstory for a paranoid halfling Mages Guild alchemist
- [Faction] Mysterious tiefling gypsies that keep sell their demon-hunting skills for gold
- [Monster] Shore-dwelling goblin tribes that wield nets and tridents
- [Item] A glass that never spills when you drink from it
- [Trap] A tripwire releases a gelatinous ooze on the far end of a hallway
- [Puzzle] A dungeon floor is covered with rellanic symbols, and must be crossed using a certain path
- [Dungeon] The PCs find themselves in an organic structure that glistens with slime – that's because they're inside a Great Wyrm
- [Encounter] A goblin ambush for PCs traveling by wagon
- [Minor Quest] An odd sculptor goes missing in his workshop
- [Major Quest] A dwarven king tasks you with uniting his broken kingdom
- [Location] An industrious dwarven city situated deep below a mountain range
- [Campaign] In a low-magic world dominated by militaristic tribes, an enraged god plans to destroy all life
- [Resource] Web dungeon generator
- Be sure to hyperlink to your [campaign] post whenever you mention it, so others can get the context they need to help you out.
- When you're ready to launch a new campaign, head over to /r/lfg or /r/roll20lfg, where you can find PCs who are looking for dedicated GMs like you.
- Inspired to write about your histories more descriptively and in-depth? Head over to /r/fantasywriters and /r/scifiwriting to get started.