32,078 subscribers a community for 4 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
Thank you to some help by one of our users, I have reclaimed our old IRC channel!
irc.snoonet.com #lowendgaming OR browser-based access https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.snoonet.org/#lowendgaming
In this subreddit we roll our eyes and snicker at minimum system requirements. This is a community for anyone struggling to find something to play for that older system, or sharing or seeking tips for how to run that shiny new game on yesterday's hardware. Found a cool game that runs fantastic on a lower end system? Great! Do you have a guide for running a newer game below the minimum requirements? Share it!
- Do not make posts asking what games your system can play, unless you limit it to one specific game or one specific genre. Asking people to compare your specs to other games is an extremely broad and varied topic.
- There is no strict definition for what constitutes a low end game or a low end system. Please don't accuse others of not having a low end system. Further, please refrain from asking if a game counts as "low-end", as such a question is ambiguous at best.
- Any posts asking for game recommendations or technical advice must include the specs of your computer. Running dxdiag or an application like speccy can help you easily figure out your specs.
- Do not link to pirating or abandonware sites. While discussion of emulation is permitted here, do not suggest emulation as a means of piracy. As a rule of thumb, if a practice is not absolutely legal, it is not allowed to be discussed.
- If you are a developer or other affiliate of a game and would like to post about it, do so in a manner consistent with the rules of reddit. This just means, please don't astroturf or sockpuppet this sub. If you are a game developer and would like your game to be discussed here, shoot us a modmail and we'd be happy to work with you.
Cheap Low-End Gaming Curator Page (Courtesy of /u/inyourarea)
Other great subreddits:
- /r/patientgamers - For those in no rush to play a game.
- /r/indiegaming - Many indie games are perfect for lowenders
- /r/RotCom/ - Emerging sub with an emphasis on low-end online gaming
- /r/GameDeals - Find the best bargains on games.
- /r/gamingsuggestions - Unsure about what to play?
- /r/ShouldIBuyThisGame - For indecisive gamers.
- /r/GameSociety - Reddit's "book club" for games.
- /r/willitintelhd - For Intel HD graphics owners.
- /r/NoVideoCards - Really low end!
- /r/MUD - For those interested in text-based online RPGs.