27,240 subscribers a community for 6 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
Maps have been around for centuries- they help us know what cultures were aware of in terms of their neighbors, other lands, and so on. Map making continues today, as we map other planets, the bottom of the seas, and continually produce high quality maps here that measure various aspects of culture, demographics, and geography.
If you would like to participate in our discord chat, please go here.
If you would like to contribute to our wiki, please go here.
If you like r/mapmaking, you might like:
- r/conlangs For making languages!
- r/dnd For those interested in campaigns and role-playing.
- r/geospatial For GIS, CAD modelling and web-mapping.
- r/gis For the technical side of cartography and geography.
- r/maps For more awesome map related content!
- r/MapPorn For gorgeous maps in wallpaper sizes.
- r/papertowns Specifically for detailed city maps.
- r/minecraft For making Lego-ish worlds!
- r/oldmaps Here Be Dragons!
- r/worldbuilding For creating things on a grand scale.
- r/loremasters For GM's creating lore, stories, and encounters for their RPG world.
- r/fantasymaps For those interested in fantasy inspired maps
- r/imaginarymaps Maps straight from your imagination!
Both professional maps and ones you draw yourself are welcome, as are fantasy maps.