148,360 subscribers a community for 7 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to /r/MassEffect
This subreddit is a forum for people who love the Mass Effect universe - the games, books, comics, and DLC.
Join r/masseffect's officially endorsed Discord channel here!
All rules are subject to moderator discretion. If you have a question about a removal or the reason for removal, please message the mods via modmail. Please read the sidebar before posting.
- No harassment, flaming, discrimination, bigotry, unsolicited sexual commentary, or incitement of illegal activity. Political discussions that approach unruliness will be locked and removed.
- No spoilers in titles. Tag spoilers in comments and text as shown below. Please see our full spoilers policy here.
- You must flair all your submissions correctly and appropriately.
- No memes, macros, low-effort posts, or posts created only for ranting and not discussion.
- Self-promotion is allowed twice per month for active members only (not including low-effort posts). Self promotion should be limited to a 1:9 link post ratio.
- All posts must be Mass Effect-related in content, not just in title.
- No DAE posts or grandstanding posts.
- No Ryder- or Shepard-sharing. Please see our sister subs, /r/ShareYourRyders and /r/ShareYourSheps.
> Please read the following FAQ before posting. Submissions regarding FAQ questions will be removed. Also check out our Andromeda FAQ
> What does "OT" stand for?
> In our sub, "OT" stands for "Original Trilogy," and refers to Mass Effect 1-3, excluding Andromeda. >
> Which DLC should I get? >
> Check out this OT DLC FAQ by u/rowan72. >
> Is Mass Effect: Andromeda worth it? >
> Andromeda went on sale pretty soon after release and currently goes down to about $20-30 USD. Here are some threads discussing this topic, but most users will say that the game is worth getting at the discounted price. > > Do I need to play the OT before playing Andromeda? > > Technically, no. However, it is generally highly recommended you do so, as playing the OT will greatly enhance your understanding of MEA.
> Spoilers can be posted using the following formatting: > > SPOILER > > which will show up in your post like this: > > SPOILER > > For game-specific versions: > > ME1 SPOILER > > ME2 SPOILER > > ME3 SPOILER > > MEA SPOILER > > which will show up like this: > > ME1 SPOILER > > ME2 SPOILER > > ME3 SPOILER > > MEA SPOILER
Related Places & Useful Links
Mass Effect Wiki - For your random question needs.
Other media of the Mass Effect universe - Exploration of non-game Mass Effect!
/r/MECoOp/ - Mass Effect's online cooperative multiplayer!
/r/ShareYourRyders - Show off your custom Ryders!
/r/ShareYourSheps - Show off your custom Commander Shepard!
/r/Indoctrinated - Indoctrination theory discussion.
/r/masseffectfics - All your ME fanfiction needs.
/r/MassEffectComics - Mass effect comic strips.
/r/masseffectlore - Mass Effect lore discussions!
/r/MassErect and /r/asseffect - Mass Effect porn (NSFW).
/r/MassEffectPhoenix - A Mass Effect role-playing community.
/r/Nightwind - A Mass Effect role-playing community centered around an Ardat-Yakshi monastery.
/r/Migrantfleet - For all things related to the Quarians, mixed with some role-playing.
/r/MassEffect_Nomad - an Andromeda roleplaying sub.
/r/dragonage - Our Dragon Age sister sub.
/r/bioware - Our sister sub for all things Bioware.
ME2 Suicide Mission Flowchart (SPOILERS) - Want to know the ins and outs of the Suicide Mission mechanics? Curious to know how to save everyone? Use this chart!
Modding the Mass Effect trilogy: Textures, Tools & Resources - A great compilation of modding resources by /u/leeroy_battleborn.
Come chat and hang out with other ME junkies in our IRC