7,137 subscribers a community for 10 yearslast post today [+]
Welcome to /r/mormon!
People of all faiths and perspectives are welcome to engage in civil, respectful discussion about topics related to Mormonism. Civility is expected of all participants. Personal attacks (including passive-aggressive attacks) and incivility are against our standards. Inflammatory, bigoted language, especially sweeping generalizations based on religion (or lack thereof), ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or other similar categories is not allowed. Disagreement with any religious (or irreligious) position is permitted, so long as it is expressed respectfully.
Behaviors to avoid:
• Spamming (which can include posting a link to a blog or website without comment)
• Insulting language, or statements meant to demean or provoke others
• Personal attacks
• Threats and bullying
• Mocking the beliefs of others, whether Mormon, Catholic, Muslim, atheist, etc.
• Judging the worthiness or sincerity of others
• Posting personal information about others
• Bigotry and sweeping generalizations
Consequences for violating community standards can include a written warning, removed posts, temporary bans, or permanent bans. Egregious violations of obvious rules and Reddit-wide rules (such as rules against doxxing) will result in more serious discipline. Moderators will seek to use the least-severe action whenever possible, but chronic violation of the standards of the sub will result in escalating consequences.
Please see our guidelines for interacting with other subs.
Related subreddits and forums:
- /r/latterdaysaints and /r/lds are strictly moderated forums for discussing Mormon topics from believing Mormon perspectives.
- /r/exmormon is a forum for discussing topics of interest to those who have left or who wish to leave Mormonism.
- /r/mormondialogue is a moderated forum specifically for those who do and those who don't believe the claims of Mormonism to discuss Mormon topics together.
- /r/mormondebate is a sub specifically geared for debates relating to Mormonism. Debates related to Mormonism are welcome here as well.
- /r/mormonpolitics is a sub specifically geared for discussions related to Mormonism and politics. Political discussion related to Mormonism is welcome here as well.
- /r/CommunityOfChrist is a sub for discussing topics related to the Community of Christ (formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). Discussion related to the Community of Christ is welcome here as well.
- r/MormonDoctrine is a place to discuss Mormon Doctrine: old, new, forgotten, emphasized, and disavowed.
- r/mormonscholar is a community dedicated to evenhanded, thoughtful, empirical-based discussion of Mormonism.
- The Bloggernacle is a collection of blogs discussing Mormonism, primarily from believing perspectives.
- Outer Blogness is a collection of blogs discussing Mormonism, primarily from disaffected perspectives.