15,082,505 subscribers a community for 9 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
>* new comments
Want to talk?
Follow @rslashnews on Twitter
See a post that violates the rules below? Had your post stuck in the spam filter? Have a question about policy? Just want to give feedback? Send the mod team a message.
Submit all self- & meta-posts to /r/inthenews
Your post will likely be removed if it:
- is not news
- is an opinion/analysis or advocacy piece.
- primarily concerns politics.
- has a title not taken from the article.
- has a pay wall or steals content.
- covers an already-submitted story.
- violates reddit's site-wide rules, especially regarding personal info.
Your comment will likely be removed if it:
- is racist, sexist, vitriolic, or overly crude.
- is unnecessarily rude or provocative.
- is a cheap and distracting joke or meme.
- is responding to spam.
- violates reddit's site-wide rules.
Extreme or repeat offenders will be banned.
If your post doesn't fit, consider finding an appropriate news article on that story to submit instead, or submitting yours to lower moderation subreddits:
or other news subreddits:
/r/worldnews - from outside the USA only
/r/SyrianCivilWar - about the conflict in Syria
/r/MidEastRegionalWar - on MidEast conflict /r/UpliftingNews - uplifting
/r/SavedYouAClick - making media more straightforward
or subreddits for other topics:
/r/FoodForThought - discussion-worthy long form articles about interesting subjects
/r/politics - for shouting about politics
/r/moderatepolitics - less shouting
/r/politicaldiscussion - even less shouting
/r/geopolitics - intl. politics and geography
/r/entertainment - Justin Bieber updates, etc.
/r/europe - news from Europe
or check out the 200 most active subreddits, categorized by content and the full list of subreddits by subscribers.