64,007 subscribers a community for 5 years, 2 monthslast post 34 days ago [+]
The purpose of this subreddit is to share interesting pictures without any context. The pics must succeed or fail on their own merit. No sob stories. No stories of any kind.
The rules follow. PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE POSTING.
1. The title of your submission must be PIC or NSFW. Lower case submissions or submissions with any characters following the allowable title will be removed going forward.
2. Direct Reddit or Imgur links only. If your submission doesn’t end in .jpg or another image file format, it will be removed.
3. No memes/image macros/text on image/images of text. You can post an image containing text, but do not post images with computerize text superimposed on the image unless that text is giving credit to the original content creator.
4. Mark NSFW. If your image is sexually suggestive or contains nudity, mark it NSFW. These tags would replace "PIC" as a title. So your submission title would be "NSFW" or "NSFL" (without quotes).
5. No Porn/NSFL. Any image with a primary purpose of sexual or fetishist fulfillment will be removed. Generally, images taken from a pornographic film will be removed. NSFW items are acceptable if the sexual aspect is not the primary intent. No NSFL images. If you manage to find a photographically impressive image that is also NSFL, we may make an exception, but generally they are banned.
6. No Low Quality Images, Series of Images, or Letterbox Formatting. If your image is visibly grainy, badly lit, or generally just a bad photograph, it will be removed. This does not ban old photographs, as they were limited by technology. Take the time to crop letterbox. If you can’t get your meaning across in one image, this may be the wrong subreddit. (This does not exclude multiple images arranged for a single effect, and is up to mod discretion.)
8. Context is Permitted in the Comments. This does not include sob stories. Sob stories, and on a case by case basis, the attached images, will be removed. Location, original photographer, camera settings, etc. will not be removed.
9. No purely random/WTF images. This subreddit isn't "no context" in the sense of "What the fuck?" It's no context as in good pictures that don't benefit from a backstory or witty headline. Pictures that are poor quality and obviously nothing more than WTF moments will be removed. Those pictures are more suited for /r/hmmm, /r/WTF, or /r/lolwat. Strange pictures are not strictly prohibited, but they need to be interesting beyond just being strange. Not sure what we mean? Here are examples.
^CSS ^by ^u/Nomsfud