20,580 subscribers a community for 8 years, 2 monthslast post 28 days ago [+]
A subreddit for notebooks, notepads, and all things related; any aspect of your life which you want to give more conscious attention to can be used as the foundation for a notebook.
1. Discussion and sharing is the goal. All posts must be directly related to paper notebooks and focus on discussion or sharing of our passion. We encourage posts with questions, reviews, pictures, news, or just general notebook geeking.
2. Personal Conduct. Please use a civil and respectful tone when entering into conversation. Help us maintain a friendly, welcoming community.
3. Prohibited - Storefronts/Funding Websites. To support the focus of our community, we do not allow direct link posts to websites for funding or purchases. This includes company storefronts, Amazon, Etsy, and Kickstarter campaigns. However, these links may be provided within text posts and comments. For more information see this announcement and this one
- The catch-all /r/stationery (Japanese version /r/stationery_jp)
- Mightier than the sword; /r/pencils, /r/pens, & /r/fountainpens
- The branded /r/FieldNuts, /r/hobonichi & /r/midori
- The applied notebook in /r/EDC, /r/JournalingIsArt, /r/Journal, /r/TheArtifice, /r/bulletjournal, /r/SketchDaily, /r/Notebook_share, & /r/monobo
- The well-travelled /r/JournalTheWorld
- Reviews of retailers, both brick-and-mortar and online, over at /r/penretailerreviews
- Creative margins multireddit
- Personal notebook reviews, uses, creative ideas
- Discussion and suggestions for notebooks
- Customization of commercially available notebooks
- A bridge between notebook consumers and producers
- Industry dealings
- DIY Notebook Building e.g. binding
- Personal/group projects
- Notebook systems
- Pen to notebook suitability
- Notebook brand promotions
- Utility Style (approx. 3.5" x 5.5" or 8.9 cm x 14 cm), for fitting into pockets and other spots where portability is important. Popular with the Every-Day Carry (EDC) crowd. Durable and expendable.
- Book Style, for longer-term durability and better quality at the expense of cost and (often) portability.
- Lab Notebooks, for professional/personal recording and planning of projects, experiments etc. Often pages are pre-numbered, & have a table-of-contents page and areas for signatures and dates. Sometimes used as evidence in legislation & patent applications.
|Size|Millimeters|Inches| |:-|:-|:-| |A4|210 x 297|8.25 x 11.75| |A5|148 x 210 | 5.875 x 8.25 | |B5| 176 x 250 | 7 x 9.875 | |B6|125 x 176|5 x 7|
Uses for Notebooks:
- Work/home Planner
- Small Schematics
- Ideas from RITR brand.
- Automobile Maintenance Log
- Home Improvement log/planning
- Cooking journal
- Treasure Maps
- Fitness Logs
- 660 subscribers as of 03OCT2013
- 1286 subscribers as of 08NOV2013
- 2058 subscribers as of 17JAN2014
- 3098 subscribers as of 21MAY2014
- 4213 subscribers as of 01SEP2014
- 5170 subscribers as of 28NOV2014
- 6,445 subscribers as of 13FEB2015
- 7,000 subscribers as of 17MAR2015
- 8,210 subscribers as of 24JUN2015
- 9,306 subscribers as of 12SEP2015
- 10,000 subsccribers as of 06NOV2015
- 15,085 subscribers as of 14OCT2016
- 20,173 subscribers as of 19SEP2017
Some common lingo:
- FP = Fountain Pen
- FN = Field Notes
- (M)TN = (Midori) Traveller Notebook
- RITR = Rite in the Rain
- BuJo = Bullet Journal