- Don't be an asshole. If it isn't a productive comment or contribution, don't make it
- Posting personal information of any kind is not allowed.
- DO NOT post pictures of other people clearly taken without their permission. They will be immediately removed
- Offensive content will not be tolerated
- Do not have what should be a private conversation using the front page
- Do not link to reddit. Please post the original link or it will be removed
- Please browse /r/nyc before posting and search to see if you are making a repost! Reposts will be immediately removed.
- Do not heavily editorialize titles. If you do, your post will be removed
- Impersonating the mods will result in an immediate ban
- Do post: local news, funny and interesting content, events, posts about NYC history and culture, missing person/pet alerts, informative self-posts (i.e. wise advise, time-sensitive warnings, PSA's), posts about freebies, lost/found posts, new apps/programs (please flair), broad discussions (please flair)
- Don't post: questions (see /r/asknyc), memes, complaint/rant/stream-of-consciousness posts, personal blogs, content over a year old, facebook/mobile links, selling/looking for posts (see /r/NYList), editorialized titles/incendiary posts, pictures of people taken without their consent, countdown articles (a la Buzzfeed), selfies/pics with someone famous, pictures taken from your roof/of your office view (see /r/nycpics), any content unrelated to NYC
- Click here for our full rules
- Our FAQ
- What to Eat and Drink
- Cheap Eats
- Common Questions
- Book Suggestions
- Cheap Stuff to Do
- NYC Meetups
- r/NYC Twitter
- NY City Alerts Twitter
- NYC Office of Emergency Management Twitter
- Hudson Valley
- Long Island
- New York
- New Jersey
- Jersey City
- New England
- Thursday: Weekend Events Thread
- TBA: AMA with influential New Yorkers
- TBA: Picture contests!
- As necessary: Inclement weather and alert threads
Thank you for contributing to /r/nyc!