40,429 subscribers a community for 8 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
WEEKLY THREADS: WAMC/School List Questions | Essay Help | Vent | Success
- RULES. READ THIS FIRST
- Specifically, please be respectful to your fellow posters. Any form of racism, sexism, homophobia, or general unnecessary extremely offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Doxxing or revealing of personal information of any kind is not allowed.
- Please read the FAQ before asking your questions. Many questions have already been answered.
- Please see /r/MCAT if you have questions regarding taking or studying for the MCAT.
Please post only on-topic premed posts or questions. Premed humor is encouraged. Political posts are not allowed unless explicitly related to premed.
Filesharing is prohibited in this subreddit. This includes discussion of filesharing or sources of pirated materials (e.g. anki decks).
Can I share my blog/website/business? This subreddit is not a place to spam your blog or solicit business. Should you wish to submit your own content, please consider buying a sponsored link from reddit.
- Why can't I see my post? If your account is under 72 hours old or has less than -50 karma AutoModerator will automatically remove your post. Please wait until your account has reached the age/karma limit and then try to post again.
Please read this while building your school list, especially to determine out of state friendly public schools and class sizes
If you are considering applying to the for-profit Caribbean medical schools, please read this first
Medical School Pros, Cons, and Thoughts
Commonly Used Abbreviations
sGPA|Science GPA cGPA|Cumulative GPA uGPA|Undergraduate GPA LizzyM Score|A number used to combine your GPA and MCAT SMPs|Special Masters Programs ECs|Extracurriculars LoRs|Letters of Recommendation BCPM|Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math CC|Community College II|Interview Invite Old MCAT sections: PS,VR,BS|Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, Biological Sciences New MCAT sections: C/P,CARS,B/B,P/S|Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems, Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior URM|Under Represented in Medicine ORM|Over Represented in Medicine