53,361 subscribers a community for 7 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
Reddit Regional Prepping Network
- Cascadian Preppers
- South East Prep Network
- Great Lakes Prepping
- Midwest Preppers
- American Redoubt - (Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Eastern Washington)
- South West Prepper
- Ohio Preppers
- Arizona Preppers
- [Denver Preppers] (/r/DenverPreppers/)
- Arkansas Preppers
- VAPreppers - Virginia
- Hawaiʻi Prepared
What we won't be discussing:
- News & Current Events (Please post these items to Regional Prepping Subs)
- Condoning of Violence
What we will be discussing:
A place to share information on emergency preparedness as it relates to disasters both natural and man-made.
Would you survive in the event of economic, political and social collapse? What natural disasters such as tornadoes, earthquakes or hurricanes are prevalent in your area? What can you do? What should you be doing now? What do you need to know/have?
This is a community for those who think that it's better to be safe than sorry, and that we need to start preparing now.
Our wiki has some good information for new preppers. Please add resources that you find useful.
Topics for discussion include:
- Water Collection: Storage and Filtration
- Food Storage: canning, jerking, smoking
- Food Security: Homesteading, Gardening, Urbanfarming, BackYardChickens, Foraging
- Personal Economics:Self-Sufficiency, Frugal, Anti-consumption, personal finance
- Outdoors:Hunting, Fishing, Survival Strategies, Make your own Gear
- Energy: Micro-hydro, Photovoltaics, wind turbines, Renewable Energy Systems
- Fuel: CNG, Natural Gas, Woodgas, Syngas, Gasification, Biofuel
- Communication: Internet DarknetPlan, Amateur Radio
- Knowledge: Downloading wikipedia
Other related subs:
- Bug Out
- Bug Out Vehicles
- Infectious Disease News
- Survival and Survivalist
Notice of policy change: Do not ask /r/preppers members or mods for personal information in posts or in comments. If you are a media outlet, and would like to conduct an interview, please contact our mod team ahead of time with proof of who you are, the organization you work for, the purpose of your article, and the date you intend to publish.