37,807 subscribers a community for 7 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
A place to share information on emergency preparedness as it relates to disasters both natural and man-made.
Would you survive in the event of economic, political and social collapse? What natural disasters such as tornadoes, earthquakes or hurricanes are prevalent in your area? What can you do? What should you be doing now? What do you need to know/have?
This is a community for those who think that it's better to be safe than sorry, and that we need to start preparing now.
Our wiki has some good information for new preppers. Please add resources that you find useful.
Topics for discussion include:
- Water Collection: Storage and Filtration
- Food Storage: canning, jerking, smoking
- Food Security: Homesteading, Gardening, Urbanfarming, BackYardChickens, Foraging
- Personal Economics:Self-Sufficiency, Frugal, Anti-consumption, personal finance
- Outdoors:Hunting, Fishing, Survival Strategies, Make your own Gear
- Energy: Micro-hydro, Photovoltaics, wind turbines, Renewable Energy Systems
- Fuel: CNG, Natural Gas, Woodgas, Syngas, Gasification, Biofuel
- Communication: Internet DarknetPlan, Amateur Radio
- Knowledge: Downloading wikipedia
Other related subs:
- Bug Out
- Survival and Survivalist
What we won't be discussing:
- News & Current Events
- Condoning of Violence
Location specific communities: