29,203 subscribers a community for 6 years, 4 monthslast post 95 days ago [+]
> A subreddit for anything related to Prison Architect, a PC game made by Introversion Software, an independent game developer and publisher.
Since its release, IV reached out to third party developers to help bring the game to a wider audience. Thanks to Double11 Studios and Paradox Interactive, we can now enjoy the game on console and mobile devices (respectively)!
When posting an issue, give a brief description in the title and a detailed description in the post. Include screenshots of the issue. If you aren't sure what to include, more is better!
Check the FAQ and search before posting a question, as it may already have been answered. (We're currently looking to update this section)
If your post doesn't appear in the new section, it may be caught in the spam filter. If this happens, message the moderators to ask them to check the spam filter.
When posting a picture, please use a screenshot, instead of a picture taken on a phone. This means the quality will increase and will be easier to understand the picture and problem.
(1) Don't be a jerk: We have zero tolerance for disrespect directed at the community. All members are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Sarcasm, leg-pulling, and reasonable jokes are one thing. Trolling, rude, insensitive, and unnecessary comments are another. Rule 1 violations are subject to ban without warning at the mods' discretion.
(2) Yarr, matey: Posting or discussing illegal/pirated copies of the game is prohibited. Doing so will result in the post/comment being deleted and could result in a permanent ban.
(3) Keep the subreddit related to Prison Architect: This is not /r/news. Each post must be related to the game Prison Architect. News articles, prison studies, or off topic content will be removed. Feel free to reference these in game discussion (Such as when discussing feature wish-lists), but core content must be about the game "Prison Architect". Feel free to discuss off-topic content in our new Discord!
(4) Don't duplicate links or subjects: Don't post duplicate threads or "updates" within one week of the original thread (Use the "edit" button on the original). Avoid reposting content that has been posted in the last 90 days.
(5) Include screenshots, not phone pictures: When submitting a question or an issue, it is helpful to include a screenshot to illustrate the problem. When including screenshots, do not upload a picture taken on your phone. These are often blurry, out of focus, or poor quality. Every platform in which to play Prison Architect has the ability to take actual screenshots. Doing a quick search of "how to take a screenshot on" will yield plenty of instructions on how to take a screenshot. Cell phone pictures will be removed and asked to resubmit as a screenshot.
Please Message the moderators when you report something, so we know why it was reported and it will be noticed quicker.
> PA Wiki (Forum Username & Password)
> Prison Architect previous builds - Download and install previous builds of the game. (Current game license required).
> How to take a screenshot:
> * Xbox One
> * Playstation 4
>Subreddit Wiki - A community-driven resource to add tips, tricks, and other information.
> Prison Architect Essential Ideas Guide - by /u/Ask_Me_Who. Always edited to the most recent release!
> Electricity Guide - Guide on everything to do with electricity in the game.
> PA Calculator - By /u/GiantB. Calculate the number of cookers per kitchen, washers per laundry, and more!
> Maweki's tunnel finder - Can't seem to find that tunnel your dogs keep alerting over? Want to see if your inmates have gone underground? Upload your save file here and it will draw your Prison and show where your tunnels are!
> /u/Einsvies's Jobs per room visual template - Ever find yourself trying to build the right sized room to get the maximum amount of workers? Take a look at this visual reference guide to help better size your room for the amount of workers you want to assign!