17,630 subscribers a community for 6 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
This is a place where mental health professionals and students can share and discuss topics related to psychotherapy. We encourage discussion of therapeutic techniques, information related to careers in therapy, and dissection of case studies. We invite links that contribute to this subreddit; such links may include information related to practice, therapeutic approaches, and new research.
- This subreddit is not to get psychological help, opinions, or advice. All client questions will be removed. This subreddit is intended for mental health professionals and students. To clients or potential clients: please review this post for more information.
- Career and education questions should be posted in the Weekly Career and Education Megathread. You'll find the weekly megathread stickied at the top of our front page. A new megathread is posted every Wednesday. New advice posts outside of that will be removed.
- Posts should protect the identity of the client. No protected health information or personal information about clients should be posted on this subreddit by therapists, students, or clients.
- No self-marketing. Spam to personal websites or blogs will be removed. Posts for self-marketing will be removed. We ask that users interact and participate in discussions; those users that only use this subreddit to link to their personal blogs or websites risk being banned.
- This is not a place for disgruntled clients to complain or harass others. This is not a place to post for the purpose of dispute or with ulterior motives. These posts and comments will be removed unless they are highly related to the discussion. Relevance will be determined by the moderators.
- Rules about research: We only allow research posts that are specifically intended for psychotherapists as the target audience. All others will be removed.
- Follow the Reddiquette. Treat others with respect. Do not harass or troll. Users who cannot follow these rules will be banned.
View the archive of past Weekly Discussions.
View our wiki on Careers in Mental Health.