414,485 subscribers a community for 2 years, 9 monthslast post today [+]
Hello, and welcome to Real Life Doodles!
Here we share doodles painted into every day life.
Mobile users or non-css users click me!
(Hover over rules for more in-depth information!)
1. Doodles MUST be Original Content (OC)
- Only post what you have created. If you did not create it, it will be removed
- Do not post requests. Submit requests as a comment in the stickied official request thread
2. Animated GIF or Video format is required
- Original sources and final OC doodles must be an animated GIF or video (use reddit, imgur or gfycat; NOT Instagram, Facebook, etc).
- Doodled photos and photo backgrounds with animations in them should be posted to r/StillLifeDoodles
3. SFW content only
- No doodling on genetalia or otherwise pornographic clips. Post them to r/glorp.
- All sexualized imagery must be marked as NSFW. Mods reserve the right to flair any post.
- Please flair all posts that pose a seizure risk or otherwise may have a non-traditional quality
4. Posting, Reposting and Redoodling
- Where possible, please provide a native, pre-doodled source in your post’s comments
- Straight up reposting is not allowed, even if it is your own OC
- OP may embellish and/or improve his or her own OC (please flair as “Redoodle"), as long as it has been at least five months since its debut.
5. Mods reserve the right to remove any post
- If your post technically meets the above requirements, yet should be posted elsewhere (such as r/GIFextra, r/TarantinoGIFs/, r/MichaelBayGIFs, r/SuperSaiyanGIFs, etc), the post may be removed without warning or explanation
- No heavy or dominant usage of realistic FX plugins like smoke, fire, explosions, etc
- Moderators do not need to explain the removal of any content
The best way to make these gifs is using any program which can explode a gif out into multiple frames. Once you've got them split up you doodle on each frame to create the new gif (There is no real easy way to do this, it is a bit time consuming and you do have to draw on each frame)
The programs we know you can do this with are..
Flash, Photoshop, Gimp (There's a lot more but these are the main ones people are currently using, if you have any other suggestions for programs you can use message the mods and we'll add them to this list)
Thanks and have fun.
*Ordered by length of subreddit name