267,504 subscribers a community for 2 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
Hello, and welcome to Real Life Doodles!
Here we share doodles painted into every day life.
Mobile users or non-css users click me!
(Hover over rules for more in-depth information!)
1. GIF or Video format is required
- Gifs are best but videos are also ok. Please use a well known host (eg gfycat).
2. No still doodles allowed
- All doodles must be animated. Non animated doodles should be posted to /r/StillLifeDoodles
3. Please post all requests in the monthly thread
- If you have a Gif you would like to be doodled on, post it in the request thread stickied on top of the page or Click Here!
4. Please animate your own doodles
- Please try to refrain from posting gifs with 8-bit video game sprites and/or animations taken from other sources and then put onto another gif eg. DBZ characters kicking people over, or "Deal With It" sunglasses. These posts may be removed.
5. SFW content only
- Don't post pictures/gifs of ladies private parts (or male parts) with faces on them. Post them to /r/glorp.
- All sexualized imagery will be marked as NSFW, we understand that not everyone will think something is NSFW but we want to keep this sub as accessible to as many people as much of the time as possible.
- If content is not marked as NSFW and the mod team feels it is they will mark is as such.
6. Please provide a source of some kind
- If you post something that you didn't make, please try your best to post the source / original creators name. However, doodles that specifically promote name brands or serve as advertisements will be regarded as spam and removed by the mods.
- If you created the animations, but found the source video, please try to post a link to the source video
- If you created the animation and the source video please say so.
7. Feel free to watermark your content
- If you want to watermark your post, please do so. If you do this though, please try to keep it as discreet as possible (In the corner / semi-transparent)
8. Please refrain from reposting within 5 months
- If you really really really have to repost something, please wait at least 3 months before reposting. It will always be better though if you make your own. Top Top: If it says sooper or -abnormal- in one of the gifs corners, it most probably came from here originally. Please do not repost anything that appears within the first six pages of this sub's top posts.
9. Please flair your post if needed
Please flair all posts that pose a seizure risk or are only still images
To flair a post, go to that posts comments page and under the link (next to NSFW button) click "flair" and select the correct option
If you feel it is necessary you may also flair your post warning of spiders
The best way to make these gifs is using any program which can explode a gif out into multiple frames. Once you've got them split up you doodle on each frame to create the new gif (There is no real easy way to do this, it is a bit time consuming and you do have to draw on each frame)
The programs we know you can do this with are..
Flash, Photoshop, Gimp (There's a lot more but these are the main ones people are currently using, if you have any other suggestions for programs you can use message the mods and we'll add them to this list)
Thanks and have fun.
*Ordered by length of subreddit name