10,503 subscribers a community for 5 years, 10 monthslast post 24 days ago [+]
Welcome to RecordThis!
We're a group of voiceover artists ranging in skill from beginner to pro, with the goal of improving our craft. We welcome all new members, and are happy to allow requests. If you do ask us to record something, all we ask for is that a $5 suggested donation be made to the actor. If you honestly cannot afford this and you have a non-profit/educational need, post anyways, explain your situation, along with what non-financial compensation you are offering (credit, professional services, advertising space, etc.) You can also check out out /r/recordthisforfree.
Note: 'Exposure' is not legitimate compensation.
When a request has been fulfilled, please use the available link flair to mark your post as Completed.
Please preface the title of your post with one of the tags below so it's easy to identify:
[REQUEST] - If you are seeking voice talent or audio work, submit a new text post with the [REQUEST] tag. Please be as detailed in your request as possible.
[OFFER] - If you are a voice talent or audio engineer willing to offer your services to fellow Redditors, submit a new text post telling us about yourself.
[FEEDBACK] - Please tag your post with this if you are posting voice work or a demo reel for critique.
[AIRCHECK] - This is a set of exercises, scripts, commercial copies, and monologues for you to practice with, record and post for critique. Beginners welcome!
Members may set their own flair. If you use one of the logos, please make the text your username on that site.
Be sure to check out these related subreddit and links!
- EWABS: Voice over experts talking tech
- VO Buzz Weekly: Interviews with the VO industry's greatest
- Casting Call Club: Tons Of Open Casting Calls
- Voice Acting Alliance: Everything From Jobs to News
- Voices.com: Find VO talent/jobs
- [Behind The Voice Actors] (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/): Misc VO Info, News & Jobs
- Vox Daily: The official Voices.com blog
- Voice Over Practice Script Library
- [Edge Studio Script Timer] (http://www.edgestudio.com/production/words-to-time-calculator): Words To Time Calculator
- Our Music Box: Royalty Free Music
- Home Brew Audio: Home Studio Tips and Tricks
- VO Atlanta: VO Atlanta Voice Over Conference
- Talkin Toons With Rob Paulsen: Animation Actor Voice Over Podcast