22,680 subscribers a community for 4 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
The RetroBattlestations community is about using, repairing, replicating, emulating, and reminiscing about retro & vintage battlestations. Links should be about using retro equipment or news about retro stuff, whether it’s personal projects, new products, old articles, or reusing old hardware in new ways.
Feel free to show off your machines, but please keep your posts about actual battlestations. No pictures of old software, documentation, accessories, unless a complete battlestation is included.
"Wanted" posts and free items for pickup are ok (as text/self posts, include your location & [Wanted] or [Free] in title), but "for sale" posts, ebay links, or "what's this stuff worth" posts are not. No you didn't just find a pot of gold or win the lottery, and if you did, there's better places for that.
Looking for help?
If you're asking a question you need to make a "self" or text post. Feel free to ask for help with getting an old computer or game console resurrected or how to get old software into an emulator.
Challenges and Contests
- Oct 13-22: Week of the Living Dead
- Sep 16-24: S100 Week
- Aug 19-27: Welcome Week
- July 2017: BASIC Month
- Jun 17-25: Undateable Week
- May 14-20: C/D Week
- Mar 24-31: Big Disk Week
- Feb 19-25: BBS Week
- Jan 15-21: Not x86 Week
- Dec 9-31: Holiday Music Week IV
- Nov 20-27: Portable Week
Need software for your old computer?
- Apple II: ADTPro disk transfer
- Apple II: ASCII Express
- Apple II: Asimov ftp site
- Apple II, Mac, Newton: Archive.org mirror of download.info.apple.com
- Mac: Macintosh Garden
- Commodore 64: transferring to disk
- TRS-80: Software for almost every model
- TRS-80 CoCo: DriveWire
- TRS-80 CoCo: Color Computer Archive
- TRS-80 MC-10: Jim and Charlie Gerrie's Software Page
- BBC Micro: MDFS.net
- DOS: Vetusware
- DOS, Windows, Mac: WinWorld
- ZX Spectrum: World of Spectrum
- Oric-1/Atmos: oric.org
- CP/M: Don Maslin Vintage Computer Archive
- Amiga: aminet.net
If you know more old software resources not listed, please share!