26,410 subscribers a community for 6 years, 6 monthslast post 293 days ago [+]
Please read The Rust Community Code of Conduct
The Rust Programming Language
A place for all things related to the Rust programming language, an open-source systems programming language that emphasizes zero-overhead memory safety, fearless concurrency, and blazing speed.
Respect our Code of Conduct.
- We strive to treat others with respect, patience, kindness, and empathy.
Constructive comments only.
- Criticism is encouraged, but ensure that your criticism is constructive and actionable. Throwaway comments are just noise.
- Leave the image macros at home.
- When discussing other programming languages, maintain civility and respectfulness.
Submissions must be on-topic.
- All submitted posts must explicitly reference Rust or link to repositories written in Rust. If you have a link that does not mention Rust but you believe would be of interest to the community, then please wrap the link in a self-post that explains its relevance. We prefer this approach over linking directly to the material and leaving an explanatory comment.
- A programming language is a pretty silly thing to get upset over.
Make your dreams come true
- See the official Rust FAQ.
- Read the official Rust book (it's free!).
- Skim the release notes.
- Compile online in the Playground.
#rust (general questions)
- #rust-internals (compiler dev)
- #cargo (the package manager)
- #servo (web browser dev)
- #rust-gamedev (vidja games)
- #rust-osdev (operating systems)
- #rust-webdev (web all the things)