34,153 subscribers a community for 7 years, 2 monthslast post 293 days ago [+]
Please read The Rust Community Code of Conduct
The Rust Programming Language
A place for all things related to the Rust programming language, an open-source systems programming language that emphasizes zero-overhead memory safety, fearless concurrency, and blazing speed.
Respect our Code of Conduct.
- We strive to treat others with respect, patience, kindness, and empathy.
Constructive comments only.
- Criticism is encouraged, but ensure that your criticism is constructive and actionable. Throwaway comments are just noise.
- Leave the image macros at home.
- When discussing other programming languages, maintain civility and respectfulness.
Submissions must be on-topic.
- All submitted posts must explicitly reference Rust or link to repositories written in Rust. Posts do not necessarily need to be technical in nature, e.g. posting job offers for Rust positions is permitted. If you have a link that does not mention Rust but you believe would be of interest to the community, then please either wrap the link in a self-post that explains its relevance or leave a top-level comment to that effect.
- A programming language is a pretty silly thing to get upset over.
CONCVRRENS CERTA CELERIS
- See the official Rust FAQ.
- Read the official Rust book (it's free!).
- Skim the release notes.
- Compile online in the Playground.
#rust (general questions)
- #rust-internals (compiler dev)
- #cargo (the package manager)
- #servo (web browser dev)
- #rust-gamedev (vidja games)
- #rust-osdev (operating systems)
- #rust-webdev (web all the things)