15,619,276 subscribers a community for 10 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
- Directly link to published peer-reviewed research articles or a brief media summary
- No summaries of summaries, reviews or popular reposts (over 100 upvotes)
- Research must be less than 6 months old
- No sensationalized titles, all titles must include the model where applicable
- No blogspam, images, videos, infographics
- All submissions must be flaired and contain a link to the published article, either in the submission link or as a standalone comment.
- On-topic. No memes/jokes/etc.
- No abusive/offensive/spam comments.
- Non-professional personal anecdotes may be removed
- Arguments dismissing established scientific theories must contain substantial, peer-reviewed evidence
- No medical advice!
- Repeat or flagrant offenders may be banned.
> - filter by field - Medicine - Epidemiology - Physics - Computer Sci - Astronomy - Mathematics - Health - Chemistry - Nanoscience - Biology - Environment - Animal Sci - Neuroscience - Psychology - Cancer - Soc Sciences - Anthropology - Paleontology - Engineering - Geology - Sci Discussion
Upcoming AMAs (All times and dates are USA East Coast Time)
Date Time (Eastern Time - USA)|Person|Description :-------:|:--------:|:--------: 27 Feb-2pm|Science Historian David Roth Singerman | The shady history of big sugar and other science history 27 Feb-7pm|National Institute of Mental Health: PSU Dora Raymaker | Autism 28 Feb-12pm|ACS AMA: Andrew Zydney | Artificial Kidneys 1 Mar-1pm|PLOS Science Wednesday: 1 Mar-4pm|Jennifer Watling Neal, Emily Durbin, Allison Gornik, & Sharon Lo | Kids’ Personalities are Shaped by their Peers 2 Mar-1pm|Portland State Prof. Emily Fitzgibbons Shafer | Marriage Surnames 2 Mar-4pm|Bonnie Rochman | How Genetic Technologies Are Reshaping Families 3 Mar-1pm|NOAA | Understanding the Lionfish Invasion 3 Mar-1pm|Dr. William Gahl | The Undiagnosed Diseases Network and medical mysteries