17,910,128 subscribers a community for 11 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
- Directly link to published peer-reviewed research articles or a brief media summary
- No summaries of summaries, re-hosted press releases, reviews or popular reposts (over 100 upvotes)
- Research must be less than 6 months old
- No sensationalized titles, all titles must include the model where applicable
- No blogspam, images, videos, infographics
- All submissions must be flaired and contain a link to the published article, either in the submission link or as a standalone comment.
- On-topic. No memes/jokes/etc.
- No abusive/offensive/spam comments.
- Non-professional personal anecdotes may be removed
- Arguments dismissing established scientific theories must contain substantial, peer-reviewed evidence
- No medical advice!
- Repeat or flagrant offenders may be banned.
> - filter by field - Animal Sci. - Anthropology - Astronomy - Biology - Cancer - Chemistry - Computer Sci. - Engineering - Environment - Epidemiology - Geology - Health - Mathematics - Medicine - Nanoscience - Neuroscience - Paleontology - Physics - Psychology - Social Sci. - Sci Discussion
Upcoming AMAs (All times and dates are USA East Coast Time)
Date Time (Eastern Time - USA)|Person|Description :-------:|:--------:|:--------: 20 Nov-11am|Dr Todd Hartman | Mass shootings and public support for gun control 20 Nov-3pm|Astrobiologists AMA | The origin and evolution of life on Earth and search for life elsewhere in the Universe 21 Nov-11am|American Chemical Society AMA 21 Nov-1pm|The Koehly Lab of NIH | Family Health History 22 Nov-1pm|PLOS Science Wednesday: