15,949 subscribers a community for 7 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
A community for self-published writers to discuss the process of self-publishing, share experiences in the "industry", and read up on self-publishing news.
Please check out the wiki before posting! Your question might already be answered!
Blogspam type posts are not permitted on this subreddit. You are certainly welcome to post articles from your blog (or others), but please do so in a manner which generates discussion. Please do not simply post your blog and leave it. Create discussion. There needs to be a reason we should want to read your blog. Blogspam which gets downvoted to oblivion is typically removed. Blogspam which gets reported by users typically earns a temporary ban.
- /u/Arkelias - Chris Fox - Archive
- /u/bntyhntrqueen - Samantha Warren - Archive
- /u/MichaelJSullivan - Michael J Sullivan - Archive
- /u/thecowboychris - Chris Knight - Archive
- /u/garmachi - Gary Sizer - Archive
- /u/Taurnil91 - Josiah Davis - Archive
- /u/MattyTwoThree - Matt Rogers - Archive
- /u/mattrud - Matt Rudnitsky - Archive
- /u/akidneythief - J. Caleb Clark - Archive
- /u/TonyAcree - Tony Acree - Archive
- /u/DaveCreek - Dave Creek - Archive
Want to offer an AMA? Send mod mail. Include your name, list of published works, and what you can offer advice-wise to the sub.
Use these tags at the beginning of your titles when posting (if applicable). We don't do anything with them yet, but if we get more readers we'll work it into some sort of icon system:
[HELP] -- Use this tag when asking a specific question about a specific problem you're experiencing, and not a general question.
[REVIEW] - Use this if you are writing a review of a self-published work.
[~~SERVICE~~] - Please visit our affiliated site: authorstash.com. DO NOT post your services here. NOTE: We are not responsible for your experience using these services, we do not endorse any posted services and caution you to use them at your own risk!!
[META] - Use this if you are asking a question or making a comment about the subreddit itself.
Self Promotion Rules:
Due to popular demand, self promotion is now limited to specific threads, namely a weekly promotional thread. This includes posts attempting to promote your book-related service.
No [PROMO] posts are allowed
The reasoning behind this is an attempt to clear up the perceived spam from the subreddit and allow our community a chance to catch up on news and help users out.
If you'd like to promote your work, we can recommend you check out:
- /r/freeEBOOKS - A sub to post your free Ebooks!
- /r/shortstories - A place to post short stories and receive feedback.
- /r/reviewcircle - A place to look for reviewers.
- /r/IndieBookClub - A place to check out monthly indie book recommendations.
- /r/writing - A very generic place to discuss anything writing related.
- /r/WritingHub - A meta subreddit for finding other subreddits.
- /r/hireaneditor - A place to find editors.
- /r/YAwriters - For all your YA needs.
- /r/IdeaDeving - A place to explore new ideas for your writing.
- /r/Kindle - To talk about the Kindle and Kindle Books.
- /r/scifi - Science Fiction discussions.
- /r/fantasy - Fantasy discussions.
- /r/fantasywriters - A fantasy-focused writing subreddit.
- /r/destructivereaders - A place to get your work deconstructed.
- /r/WritersIdeas - Share ideas, collaborate, brainstorm. Resource to share your thoughts on plot and give and receive feedback.
- /r/HireaWriter/ - Post or find writing gigs. We here at /r/selfpublish can't claim responsibility for any of the gigs on the board, though, so please don't complain to us if someone doesn't pay out.
- /r/TheArtifice/ - The Artifice is an online magazine that covers a wide spectrum of art forms, including Literature and Writing. It is collaboratively built and maintained by its writers.
- /r/kuerotica - A subreddit to find erotica that's available on Kindle Unlimited.
- /r/bumpinthenight - A subreddit for horror and mystery.
- /r/horror - The #1 subreddit for all things horror.
- /r/horrorlit - A subreddit specifically dedicated to horror writers.