193,157 subscribers a community for 10 yearslast post 6 days ago [+]
Welcome to \/r/skiing!
We are a community for skiers of all skill levels and styles.
Scroll down for the rules. They will help acquaint you with the sub.
New to skiing in general?
Read our beginner's guide by professional boot-fitter and ski tech /u/Maladjusted_vagabond
Ski Boot questions? See a bootfitter. Seriously, see a bootfitter. Do not post here asking if a boot is good for you. A good boot is one that fits. Even the seemingly all-knowing /u/Maladjusted_vagabond cannot help you find a good boot without looking at your feet and having you try some on.
DIN and technical questions? Please, ask them on /r/skiing. However, remember that you are taking advice from people on the internet. /r/skiing mods do take the time to require proof for all user flairs that involve any expertise and skill; however, with questions that could lead to an injury, getting shop advice is always the wisest choice.
1. Don't be rude or a bully.
2. All submissions must be related to skiing.
3. No blatant self promotion posts.
4. No posts already covered in megathreads.
Click here for more information.
- action sports
- outdoors gear
- ski jumping
- big mountain
- ski bums
- SNOW the game
- ski buddies
- ski racing
- big sky
- new england
- ski utah
- australia anow
- ice coast
- National Ski AreasAssociation
- Carpool to the mountain!
- Circle Square Diamond (mountain art)
- Honest Trail Maps
- /r/skiing Spotify Playlist NEW
- Ski tech AMA
- Moment skis
Looking for New Gear?
- Steep and Cheap (best budget site)
- REI (Alaska included in free shipping)
- Level 9 Sports