27,149 subscribers a community for 6 years, 7 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
>#SousVide - /ˌso͞o ˈvēd/ >French for "under vacuum"
>SousVide is a food-packaging technique whereby vacuum-packed food pouches are submerged within a bath of precise water temperature for a precise time. At the end of this time, results that are impossible to achieve through any other method become possible. Beautiful steaks, succulent vegetables, creamy starches are very possible & very easy with SousVide.
>These events are generally posted monthly where we ask you the submitter to cook using specific proteins. Then share your recipes, temps, and photos of the cook!
- ^< Stay on topic
- Rule 1: We are a SousVide Subreddit. Therefore each post should reference SousVide.
- ^< No Spamming
- Rule 2: Do not re-post the same posts, whether that be within our own subreddit, or another. This includes Meme's,
- ^< Use Approved Links Only
- Rule 3: Information regarding what is considered an approved link can be found Here
- ^< Respect Each-other
- Rule 4: No Witch-Hunting, Bullying, Doxing, or commenting with the intent of being malicious towards another Redditor. This does not mean you cant express your opinion, just dont be a dick.
- ^< Correctly Flair Posts
- Rule 5: This only benefits the community and our search results.
- ^< Include Recipes
- Rule 6: WE WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU DID, AND HOW YOU DID IT!!!!!! Show us the recipes if you can, so we can replicate the beautiful results.
- ^< Follow Mega-Thread Guidelines
- Rule 7: From time to time we will host sousvide mega-threads. During these times, make sure you follow the outlined guidelines within the thread. Failure to follow any of these rules may result in disciplinary actions taken against the faulting user.
> A curated list of recipes you've suggested and posted. Popular Community Recipes
We also have a page with popular cookbooks for all types of cooks. > Great CookBooks to check out
>#Guides >Beginners Guide