Multireddit detailsShowing 2 reddits:
Reddit Day Of
Each day has a new topic. People are encouraged to research and post something they think the community will find interesting. Hopefully readers will learn something new about a topic they previously had little knowledge in. We have few rules but memes/advice animals belong elsewhere.
The best post of the day, by net upvotes, receives an Award ^1 . The winner may nominate a future topic.
To encourage more variety of content, the top text/self post of the day, by net upvotes, is also eligible for an Award ^1 (More info).
Fridays are Photo Free! You may not direct link to an image as a link submission. Images are fine as part of a text post.
Please upvote generously to reward those taking the time to research and post. Down-votes are disabled, we encourage content & participation.
RedditDayOf: Archive of past topics.
Don't be put off if the topic doesn't instantly interest you. Even the most mundane topics can have very interesting trivia. We've linked with /r/musicthemetime to post music under the daily topic.
Top of the Class
November 24 - Fluxus
November 25 - Headphones
November 26 - Children's Stories
November 27 - Soviet Economy
November 28 - NaNoWriMo
November 29 - 1916
November 30 - Lost film
Each day starts:
GMT 8am - EST 3am - CST 2am - PST 12am
TrueReddit Dedicated to insightful articles and intelligent discussion.
Excelsior One 'best link' per approved writer, per day.
FoodForThought Intelligent and thought provoking commentaries on life and culture
IWantToLearn A resource to help you learn new skills, such as a programming language or martial arts.
You learn something new every day; what did you learn today?
Submit interesting and specific facts that you just found out (not broad information you looked up, TodayILearned is not /r/wikipedia).
Submissions must be verifiable. Please link directly to a reliable source that supports every claim in your post title. Images alone do not count as valid references. Videos are fine so long as they come from reputable sources (e.g. BBC, Discovery, etc).
No personal opinions, anecdotes or subjective statements (e.g "TIL xyz is a great movie").
No news or recent sources. News and any sources (blog, article, press release, video, etc.) more recent than two months are not allowed.
Nothing related to recent politics.
No misleading claims. Posts that omit essential information, or present unrelated facts in a way that suggest a connection will be removed.
Rephrase your post title if the following are not met:
- Titles must begin with "TIL ..."
- Make them descriptive, concise and specific (e.g. not "TIL something interesting about bacon").
- Titles must be able to stand on their own without requiring readers to click on a link. Starting your title with a why/what/who/where/how modifier should be unnecessary.
- "TIL about ..." and other broad posts don't belong on TIL. Try /r/Wikipedia, etc. instead, or be more specific (and avoid the word "about").
- "TIL how to ..." posts belong on /r/HowTo.
- No trivial or obvious facts (e.g. "TIL the sky is blue"), or facts that appeal only to a narrow audience, specifically no software/website tips (e.g. "TIL you can click on widgets in WidgetMaker 1.22").
- All NSFW links must be tagged (including comments).
Please see the wiki for more detailed explanations of the rules.
Please report spam, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate posts by messaging the moderators, as this helps us remove them more promptly!
We ask that you please do the following:
avoid mobile versions of websites (e.g. m.wikipedia.org)
link to the appropriate heading when referencing an article (particularly on Wikipedia)
link to the appropriate start time when referencing videos (e.g. on YouTube)
add [PDF] or [NSFW] tags to your posts, as necessary.
Please avoid reposting TILs that have already made the front page in the past
Please also read the site-wide Reddiquette.
Talk with us on IRC: #todayIlearned on irc.freenode.org, or just click here.
- To adapt this style to your own subreddit, message /u/legweed! Thanks legweed!
- You are loved.