15,483 subscribers a community for 9 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
News, and other content, relating to British Columbia, Canada.
Moderation: Minimal, deliberately.
Please use titles from the article when submitting news.
No spam, including self promotion using stolen content.
No racial epithets.
No death threats.
42,498 subscribers a community for 9 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to Calgary
Please send a message to the mods if you have any questions or concerns.
>##Our Rules Please also read/follow: reddiquette > 1. Be respectful to each other. Our goal for /r/Calgary is a friendly community where residents can engage in thoughtful discussion. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. No insults, bigotry, excessive foul language or excessive trolling. No threats. Please be civil. Moderators will remove comments at their discretion. Racist comments will get you banned immediately. 2. No spam. Generally, no selling goods or services. No self-promotion. No fundraising. This includes Kijiji/Craigslist ads (use /r/CalgaryClassifieds) and other subreddits. If you think your post needs an exemption, contact the moderators FIRST via modmail for approval (at their discretion) first. 3. Be descriptive with your titles. As per reddiquette, do not editorialize or sensationalize your submission title. Save your personal opinions for the comments. 4. No personal information. No personal phone numbers or addresses. No posting personal social media profiles for the purpose of "doxxing" as per Reddit Terms of Service. 5. Submissions must be related to Calgary. Please ensure all submission topics are pertinent to the local area. That means anything inside of the Calgary Metropolitan Region. Posts not directly related to Calgary or the surrounding area will be removed (or approved) at the moderators discretion. If you are unsure if your post fits please send the mod team a message.
Subreddit images used in the theme:
365,672 subscribers a community for 10 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
We decided on this description politely.
Please note that users new to the subreddit might experience posting limitations until they become more active and longer members of the community. If you experience any issues with this, please don't hesitate to contact the moderators.
| Who | Date | Time | |:-:|:-:|:-:|
Detailed rules can be found here.
The moderators of r/Canada reserve the right to moderate posts and comments at their discretion, with regard to their perception of the suitability of said posts and comments for this subreddit. Thank you for your understanding.
- be excellent to each other!
- follow reddiquette.^
- report content that is hateful, spam, or off-topic.
- be rude or hostile^
- resort to insults based on race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, or political and religious beliefs^
- post users' personal information
- editorialize submission titles^
- make low content posts (including images of memes, scenery, or generic pictures, etc^
- use link shorteners (i.e. bit.ly, tinyurl)
Canadian subreddit network
A complete listing can be found here.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Barrie, ON
- Burlington, ON
- Durham region, ON
- Moncton, NB
- Peterborough, ON
- St. Johns, NL
- Thunder Bay
- Victoria, BC
- Whistler, BC
- White Rock
>#####Hockey > > Calgary Flames > Edmonton Oilers > Montreal Canadiens > Ottawa Senators > Toronto Maple Leafs > Vancouver Canucks > Winnipeg Jets > Team Canada > >##### Basketball > > Toronto Raptors > >##### Baseball > > Toronto Blue Jays > >#####Soccer > > Montreal Impact > Toronto FC > Vancouver Whitecaps > >#####Football > CFL >
- See full listing at /r/CanadianPostSecondary/
- Views From Canada
- Fundraising Canada
- Canada Politics
- Canadian Forces
- First Session of the 41st Parliament
- CBC Radio
- O Canada
- Immigration Canada Discussion
- La francophonie
567,832 subscribers a community for 9 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
Conduct & Guidelines
- Racist, ethnic, sexist or homophobic slurs/remarks of any kind will lead to a ban. Read more.
- Memes, advice animals, and low-content posts will be removed on sight (click for examples).
- Read the full posting rules here which includes code of conduct guidelines.
> * Get flair/Posting for beginners * Conduct/Guidelines * Get Team Flair/Logo * Low Content Posts * Daily/Weekly Threads * Game Threads * Weekly Headers * Submit a Post Filters * No Game Threads * Game Threads * Discussion Only * Highlights * No Highlights * Normal * No Style * Weekly Threads * Memes Subreddits * All Team Subreddits (All Leagues) * < Leagues/Countries * /r/aihl * /r/alih * /r/ahl * /r/DeutscheEishockeyLiga * /r/KontinentalHL * /r/nhl * /r/collegehockey * /r/USHL * /r/USAHockey/ * /r/TeamCanada/ * /r/sphl * < Topics * /r/hockeywriters * /r/fantasyhockey * /r/hockeywagers * /r/Hockeyprospects * /r/hockeygamegifs * /r/hockeystats * /r/HGD * < Playing * /r/ea_nhl * /r/hockeyplayers * /r/hockeygoalies * /r/hockeyrefs * < Fandom * /r/hockeyfandom * /r/hockeycards * /r/hockeyjerseys * /r/hockeydesign * /r/hockeypics * /r/hardhockey * /r/vintagehockey * /r/TimHortons * /r/nhlmemes * /r/hockeycirclejerk * Hockey Subreddit Multi Getting into Hockey / Resources * IRC chat * Discord Channel * Twitter @RedditHockey * Facebook * r/Hockey Community Creations * Getting into Hockey Wiki * /r/NHLstreams * Hockey AMAs * Don't Tell Me The Score * Player Stats * Hockey Analysis (Fenwick/Corsi) * Twitter Lists /r/hockeyfandom
Top Team Subreddit Posts
1) - FLEURY
42,784 subscribers a community for 8 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Player | Age | Cap [AAV] :--|:--:|:--: Signed Players | Par Lindholm | 26 | $925,000  Igor Ozhiganov | 25 | $925,000  Pierre Engvall | 21 | $925,000  Jesper Lindgren | 20 | $925,000  Restricted FAs | Martin Marincin | 26 | $1,250,000 Calvin Pickard | 26 | $1,000,000 Kasimir Kaskisuo | 24 | $925,000 Miro Aaltonen | 24 | $925,000 William Nylander | 22 | $894,167 Frederik Gauthier | 23 | $863,333 Andreas Johnsson | 23 | $750,833 Connor Carrick | 24 | $750,000 Justin Holl | 26 | $650,000 Unrestricted FAs | Joffrey Lupul | 34 | $5,250,000 James V.R. | 29 | $4,250,000 Tyler Bozak | 32 | $4,200,000 Tomas Plekanec | 35 | $3,000,000 Leo Komarov | 31 | $2,950,000 Roman Polak | 32 | $1,100,000 Dominic Moore | 37 | $1,000,000 Colin Greening | 32 | $750,000 Ben Smith | 29 | $650,000 Kyle Baun | 26 | $625,000 Rights Expiry | Nicolas Mattinen | 20 | June 1 Keaton Middleton | 20 | June 1 J.J. Piccinich | 21 | June 1 Nolan Vesey | 23 | August 15
17,026 subscribers a community for 7 yearslast post 1 day ago [+]
21 days until we get to vote Kathleen Wynne the hell out of there!
>* r/canada - Canadian special needs support subreddit
>* r/CanadaPolitics - Liberal Party HQ
>* r/OnGuardForThee - Canada's transgender community
>*If you get your feelings hurt, please message the mods so we can make fun of you for it
22,751 subscribers a community for 10 years, 2 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
Clavardage Discord (peut contenir des traces de pogos)
Most users of this subreddit are French-English bilingual so feel free to post in English. (An English translation of the rules is available.)
1) Les soumissions dont les titres sont éditorialisés, dénigrants ou haineux seront retirées. (consultez les exemples si vous n'êtes pas sûrs sur sens de éditorialisation).
2) Les attaques personelles et les propos racistes, sexistes, ou discriminatoires sont interdits.
3) Révéler des infos personnelles et faire du "doxxing" résulte en un ban automatique. (pour les messages postés sur Facebook ou autre, faites une capture d'écran anonymisée)
4) Interdit de faire sa promotion en ignorant le guide de l'autopromotion de reddit (c'est à dire, spammer).
5) Les appels à la violence contre toute personne ou groupe sont interdits (incluant mais non limité à l'appel à la violence physique directe, indirecte, à travers les agents de l'état, ou par une enclume céleste providentielle).
6) Ne pas utiliser de url shorteners ou de site de image macros. Reddit les envoi toujours dans la boite de spam automatiquement. Téléverser plutôt vers imgur.
- Le fait qu'un autre usager ait brisé une règle ne justifie pas d'ignorer les règles.
- Les modérateurs ne vont pas accéder aux demandes de bannir les gens à cause de leurs opinions, sauf en cas de bris des règles.
- Les sujets postés sur le sous-reddit n'ont pas besoin d'avoir un lien direct avec le Québec s'ils peuvent être d'intérêt pour la communauté.
Évenements à venir
Événement | date ---|--- ---
Fils | Jour ---|--- Nostalgie | Lundi (½) Lundi de la conspiration noisetière | Lundi (½) MARDI MONGRAIN | Mardi Mercredi jeux | Mercredi Jeudi Culture et découverte | Jeudi (½) Jeudi pour apprendre | Jeudi (½) Fourre-Tout | Vendredi Dimanche photo | Dernier dimanche du mois
- /r/sjsr (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
Institutions postsecondaires :
- /r/etsmtl (École de technologie supérieure)
- /r/PolyMTL (Polytechnique)
115,544 subscribers a community for 9 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
Wiki Policies Health Questions Visiting Events Buy & Sell Lost & Found
Filter By Flair
Common Questions to r/askTO
While we encourage discussion posts, most common questions are already answered in our FAQ/Wiki or on r/askTO.
If you have a common question like:
I'm visiting Toronto, what should I do?
Is this a good neighbourhood?
Can anyone recommended a business?
Please submit it to r/askTO where there's a healthy community of people who love to answer questions about Toronto.
Here's a list of the top five posts in r/askTO right now. Visit r/askTO for more!
- How is the line up at Jolibee now?
- Anyone know where to find thai limes (kaffir limes) in Toronto
- Doors Open Toronto 2018
- A good all you can eat Korean BBQ restaurant in Toronto?
- Interested in Participating in Cannabis Market Research in Toronto?
Submissions must be specific or relevant to Toronto. This is the core tenet of this sub. Also, do not editorialize the headline, post your opinion in the comments. Please note that provincial election stories will be removed unless they have a specific tie to Toronto. In the event of a major story breaking, a Megathread will be designated. All other provincial election-related stories should be posted to r/ontario and/or r/canadapolitics.
Be excellent to each other. No racism, sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance, etc... Please attack the point not the person. Do not concern-troll or try to intentionally mislead people.
No low-effort posts. Memes, macros, reaction-gifs, common tourist pictures, etc... may be removed.
Submissions must be community benefiting. Please don't post personal requests/questions -- r/askTO is great for that. Please don't post classifieds -- use Craigslist/Kijiji or r/GTAmarketplace. Lost items to r/LostAndFoundTO. Missing pets/persons are allowed.
All standard reddit rules apply. Please follow reddit's content policy, self-promotion guidelines (Includes no petitions, fundraising, vote-begging, surveys, or referral/promo codes), and [reddiquette] (https://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette).
No Duplicate Posts. One post per story please! We do not allow multiple posts on the same story, unless they add a significant amount of new information. Same goes for pictures, if there's already a picture of today's sunset or storm, post your picture as a comment in it, as subsequent submissions on the same subject will be removed.
On the second Saturday of every month, with the next one on June 9th at 7:00pm at the Artful Dodger Pub (10 Isabella Street) on the second floor.
81,730 subscribers a community for 10 years, 1 monthlast post 16 days ago [+]
See something requiring attention? Please first use the report button or message the Moderators
Rules and Guidelines
We want to see more content like this:
- local news.
- local events.
- funny and interesting content.
- posts about Vancouver history and culture.
- missing person/pet alerts.
- informative self-posts (i.e. wise advise, time-sensitive warnings, PSA's).
- posts about freebies, lost/found posts.
- new apps/programs.
- broad discussions.
Whenever possible we will remove:
- Hate speech including (but not limited to) racist, sexist, aggressive, or overtly offensive comments.
- Ethnic or gender stereotypes.
- Personal attacks, name calling or insults.
- Personal information of any kind.
- any content not related to Vancouver.
2 Second Guide to posting
- Use the search to figure out if something has already been posted/asked.
- If you are asking a question, please use a question mark at the end of your title.
- Don't get upset if your submission gets downvoted. Votes mean nothing.
- If your post is removed and not flaired with a reason, please request more information from the mods.
Please check links before submitting a question.
Visiting Vancouver Page
This is where you'll find everything you need to know about visiting Vancouver: the best places to check out, local attractions, local hangouts, cautions/warnings, and local treasures only Vancouverites know about.
Best of Vancouver Posts
This is where you will find the latest info on the best of everything Vancouver has to offer.
RESOURCES FOR MOVING TO VANCOUVER
When considering moving to Vancouver, please Google "thinking of moving to Vancouver" FIRST. Please only post if you have unanswered questions after that.
- This Thread
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods
- Padmapper Vancouver
aggregates rental property listings
- Craigslist Vancouver Rentals
- Airbnb Vancouver
short term and vacation rentals.
- What to do if you are a victim of crime
Want to hold an AMA?
We love Ask Me Anything sessions! If you want to do one, click here to begin. Or just start one, if you know what to do!
Most events get posted there. Or on the G+ group.