11,520 subscribers a community for 8 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
News, and other content, relating to British Columbia, Canada.
Minimal, deliberately. Just avoid spam, racial epithets, and death threats and we're good. Please use titles from the article when submitting news.
27,525 subscribers a community for 8 years, 9 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to Calgary
Please send a message to the mods if you have any questions or concerns.
>##Our Rules Please also read/follow: reddiquette > 1. Be respectful to each other. Our goal for /r/Calgary is a friendly community where residents can engage in thoughtful discussion. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. No insults, bigotry, excessive foul language or excessive trolling. No threats. Please be civil. Moderators will remove comments at their discretion. 2. No spam. This includes Kijiji/Craigslist ads (use /r/CalgaryClassifieds) and other subreddits. If you want to advertise an event, please contact the moderators first via modmail. 3. Be descriptive with your titles. As per reddiquette, do not editorialize or sensationalize your submission title. Save your personal opinions for the comments. 4. No personal information. No personal phone numbers or addresses. No posting personal social media profiles for the purpose of "doxxing" as per Reddit Terms of Service. 5. No 'Moving to' Calgary posts. Please check the wiki, use the search function or Google it. If you feel as though your moving situation is unique, message the moderators before posting. 6. Make sure submissions are in some way related to Calgary or the greater Calgary area. Moderators reserve the right to remove submissions that are unrelated to Calgary. 7. Please do not downvote submissions/comments if you disagree with them. Upvote them if they contribute to the conversation. Just because you may disagree with a topic or are upset about a news story doesn't mean you should automatically downvote the submission.
Subreddit images used in the theme:
268,443 subscribers a community for 9 years, 5 monthslast post today [+]
We decided on this description politely.
Please note that users new to the subreddit might experience posting limitations until they become more active and longer members of the community. If you experience any issues with this, please don't hesitate to contact the moderators.
| Who | Date | Time | |:-:|:-:|:-:| | | Canadian Space Agency | TBD | TBD |
Detailed rules can be found here.
The moderators of r/Canada reserve the right to moderate posts and comments at their discretion, with regard to their perception of the suitability of said posts and comments for this subreddit. Thank you for your understanding.
- be excellent to each other!
- follow reddiquette.^
- report content that is hateful, spam, or off-topic.
- be rude or hostile^
- resort to insults based on race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, or political and religious beliefs^
- post users' personal information
- editorialize submission titles^
- make low content posts (including images of memes, scenery, or generic pictures, etc^
- use link shorteners (i.e. bit.ly, tinyurl)
Canadian subreddit network
A complete listing can be found here.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Barrie, ON
- Burlington, ON
- Durham region, ON
- Moncton, NB
- Peterborough, ON
- St. Johns, NL
- Thunder Bay
- Victoria, BC
- Whistler, BC
>#####Hockey > > Calgary Flames > Edmonton Oilers > Montreal Canadiens > Ottawa Senators > Toronto Maple Leafs > Vancouver Canucks > Winnipeg Jets > Team Canada > >##### Basketball > > Toronto Raptors > >##### Baseball > > Toronto Blue Jays > >#####Soccer > > Montreal Impact > Toronto FC > Vancouver Whitecaps > >#####Football > CFL >
- See full listing at /r/CanadianPostSecondary/
- Fundraising Canada
- Canada Politics
- Canadian Forces
- First Session of the 41st Parliament
- CBC Radio
- O Canada
- Immigration Canada Discussion
- La francophonie
416,714 subscribers a community for 9 yearslast post today [+]
Conduct & Guidelines
- Racist, ethnic, sexist or homophobic slurs/remarks of any kind will lead to a ban. Read more.
- Memes, advice animals, and low-content posts will be removed on sight (click for examples).
- Read the full posting rules here which includes code of conduct guidelines.
> * Get flair/Posting for beginners * Conduct/Guidelines * Get Team Flair/Logo * IRC chat * Discord Channel * Low Content Posts * Daily/Weekly Threads * Game Threads * Weekly Headers * Submit a Post Filters * No Game Threads * Game Threads * Discussion Only * Highlights * No Highlights * Normal * No Style * Weekly Threads * Memes Subreddits * All Team Subreddits (All Leagues) * < Leagues/Countries * /r/aihl * /r/alih * /r/ahl * /r/DeutscheEishockeyLiga * /r/KontinentalHL * /r/nhl * /r/collegehockey * /r/USHL * /r/USAHockey/ * /r/TeamCanada/ * < Topics * /r/hockeywriters * /r/fantasyhockey * /r/hockeywagers * /r/Hockeyprospects * /r/hockeygamegifs * /r/hockeystats * /r/HGD * < Playing * /r/ea_nhl * /r/hockeyplayers * /r/hockeygoalies * /r/hockeyrefs * < Fandom * /r/hockeyfandom * /r/hockeycards * /r/hockeyjerseys * /r/hockeydesign * /r/hockeypics * /r/hardhockey * /r/vintagehockey * /r/TimHortons * /r/nhlmemes * /r/hockeycirclejerk * Hockey Subreddit Multi Getting into Hockey / Resources * r/Hockey Community Creations * Getting into Hockey Wiki * /r/NHLstreams * Hockey AMAs * Don't Tell Me The Score * Player Stats * Hockey Analysis (Fenwick/Corsi) * Twitter Lists /r/hockeyfandom
- June 18: Protection lists circulated to 31 teams and the NHLPA
- June 21: Expansion Draft + Award Ceremonies
- June 23-24: Draft
- July 1: Free Agency
- Full Schedule Here
Top Team Subreddit Posts
2) - Funny story about Micheal DiPietro: When one team at the NHL told him “We don’t think you can play in the NHL with our team, you’re too small” at the combine, he fired back with “well, I guess you have a problem with winning, then.”
25,931 subscribers a community for 7 years, 9 monthslast post today [+]
Date | Event :--|:-- June 25-30 | UFA Negotiation Period June 26 | RFA Negotiation Period June 30 | 1st Buyout Period Ends July 1 | Free Agency Opens
2017 DRAFT CLASS
OA | Selection :--|:-- 17| RD, Timothy Liljegren [Rogle BK] 59| RD, Eemeli Räsänen [Kingston] 110| G, Ian Scott [Prince Albert] 124| W, Vladislav Kara [Bars Kazan] | C | Bars Kazan 141| LD, Fedor Gordeev [Flint] 172| C/W, Ryan McGregor [Sarnia] 203| LD, Ryan O'Connell [St. Andrew's]
Player | Age | Cap [YRS]
Signed Players |
Nikita Zaitsev | 25 | $4,500,000 
Miro Aaltonen | 23 | $925,000 
Carl Grundstrom | 19 | $925,000 
Andreas Borgman | 21 | $925,000 
Calle Rosén | 23 | $925,000 
Jeremy Bracco | 20 | $842,500 
Ben Smith | 28 | $650,000 
AHL Contracts |
J.J. Piccinich | 20 | 2 Years
Restricted FAs |
Zack Hyman | 24 | $900,000
Connor Brown | 23 | $686,667
Justin Holl | 25 | $742,500
Garret Sparks | 23 | $575,000
Unrestricted FAs |
Brooks Laich | 33 | $3,550,000
Milan Michalek | 32 | $3,050,000
Stephane Robidas | 40 | $3,000,000
Roman Polak | 30 | $2,250,000 Brian Boyle | 32 | $2,000,000 Colin Greening | 31 | $1,700,000 Matt Hunwick | 31 | $1,200,000
Curtis McElhinney | 33 | $800,000 Andrew Campbell | 29 | $575,000 Steve Oleksy | 31 | $575,000
Rights Expiry | Dominic Toninato | 23 | August 15
11,483 subscribers a community for 6 years, 1 monthlast post 1 day ago [+]
Daily reminder Islam is a religion, not a race
> Analysis Fundraising Update M-103 Candidate Analysis Chris Alexander Maxime Bernier Michael Chong Kellie Leitch Pierre Lemieux Deepak Obhrai Dank OC Maxime Bernier memes Can't Smear The Scheer #1 Can't Smear The Scheer #2 Vote Lisa Raitt! Maxime Bernier Can't Be Trusted.
> Mauril Pepe MetaCanada logos Justin Trudeau: A part of our heritage, 2015 Justin gifs megathread Metacanada butthurt rater gifs Canadian Bravery.gif There is no need to be upset Fuck Harper upvote gif UNBRAVE.gif Harper downvote gif Metacanada Downvote Action Plan.jpg Metacanada Upvote Action Plan.jpg Some past Metacanada CSS stylings Metacanada CSS stylings 2013 - 2014
>*If you get your feelings hurt, please message the mods so we can make fun of you for it
14,421 subscribers a community for 9 years, 3 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
Clavardage Discord (peut contenir des traces de pogos)
Ce reddit est bilingue: Vous pouvez soumettre en français comme en anglais!
This reddit is bilingual: You can submit in French as well as in English!
1) Les soumissions dont les titres sont éditorialisés (reflètent une opinion qui n'était pas dans le titre original), dénigrants ou haineux seront retirées.
2) Les attaques personnelles gratuites et les propos racistes ou discriminatoires sont interdits.
3) Révéler des infos personnelles et faire du "doxxing" résulte en un ban automatique. (pour les messages postés sur Facebook ou autre, faites une capture d'écran anonymisée)
4) Interdit de faire sa promotion en ignorant le guide de l'autopromotion de reddit (c'est à dire, spammer).
5) Ne pas utiliser de url shorteners. Reddit les envoi toujours dans la boite de spam automatiquement.
6) Pas de colporteurs (ou de sondeurs!)
Fils | Jour ---|--- Nostalgie | Lundi (½) Lundi pur noisetier | Lundi (½) MARDI MONGRAIN | Mardi Mercredi jeux | Mercredi Jeudi Culture et découverte | Jeudi (½) Jeudi pour apprendre | Jeudi (½) Fourre-Tout | Vendredi Écho des régions de /r/Quebec | Samedi des fois quand le mod s'en rapelle Dimanche photo | Dernier dimanche du mois
- /r/sjsr (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
Institutions postsecondaires :
- /r/EtsMTL (École de technologie supérieure)
- /r/PolyMTL (Polytechnique)
89,362 subscribers a community for 9 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
Wiki Policies Health Questions Visiting Events Buy & Sell Lost & Found
Welcome to Toronto
It's like Albany. Only cleaner.
Let's keep /r/Toronto clean.
Questions go in /r/askTO
Many questions are already answered in our FAQ/Wiki. If yours isn't, please submit it to r/askTO.
Here's an automatically generated list of the top five posts in /r/askTO right now, updating every 15 minutes. Visit /r/askTO for more!
- I believe a former coworker may be planning to go out in a blaze of glory. Who do I tell?
- Anyone who went to the Arkells show last Saturday able to get their Red Light Glass to work with the app?
- Are you sick?
- Massive Toronto D&D 5E Group Looking to Invite More Players and DMs -- Inexperienced Players Welcome!
- Where to celebrate Canada Day solo?
Want to visit /r/toronto and /r/askTO at the same time? Use the multi.
Submissions must be specific or relevant to Toronto. This is the core tenet of this sub. Do not editorialize headlines. Duplicate submissions will be removed if they do not add enough new information.
Be excellent to each other. No racism. sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance, etc. Please attack the point not the person. Do not concern-troll or try to intentionally mislead people.
Please try to make useful contributions: low-effort posts, memes, macros, reaction-gifs, etc. may be removed.
We request submissions be community benefiting. Please don't post personal requests/questions -- /r/askTO is great for that. Please don't post classifieds -- use Craigslist/Kijiji or /r/GTAmarketplace. Lost items to /r/LostAndFoundTO. Missing pets/persons are allowed.
Finally, all standard reddit rules apply. Please follow reddit's content policy, self-promotion guidelines (Includes no petitions, fundraising, vote-begging, surveys, or referral/promo codes), and [reddiquette] (https://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette).
On the second Saturday of every month, with the next one on July 8th at 7:00pm at the Artful Dodger Pub (10 Isabella Street) on the second floor.
55,891 subscribers a community for 9 years, 3 monthslast post 16 days ago [+]
See something requiring attention? Please first use the report button or message the Moderators
Rules and Guidelines
We want to see more content like this:
- local news.
- local events.
- funny and interesting content.
- posts about Vancouver history and culture.
- missing person/pet alerts.
- informative self-posts (i.e. wise advise, time-sensitive warnings, PSA's).
- posts about freebies, lost/found posts.
- new apps/programs.
- broad discussions.
Whenever possible we will remove:
- Hate speech including (but not limited to) racist, sexist, aggressive, or overtly offensive comments.
- Ethnic or gender stereotypes.
- Personal attacks, name calling or insults.
- Personal information of any kind.
- any content not related to Vancouver.
2 Second Guide to posting
- Use the search to figure out if something has already been posted/asked.
- If you are asking a question, please use a question mark at the end of your title.
- Don't get upset if your submission gets downvoted. Votes mean nothing.
- If your post is removed and not flaired with a reason, please request more information from the mods.
Please check links before submitting a question.
Visiting Vancouver Page
This is where you'll find everything you need to know about visiting Vancouver: the best places to check out, local attractions, local hangouts, cautions/warnings, and local treasures only Vancouverites know about.
Best of Vancouver Posts
This is where you will find the latest info on the best of everything Vancouver has to offer.
RESOURCES FOR MOVING TO VANCOUVER
When considering moving to Vancouver, please Google "thinking of moving to Vancouver" FIRST. Please only post if you have unanswered questions after that.
- This Thread
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods
- Padmapper Vancouver
aggregates rental property listings
- Craigslist Vancouver Rentals
- Airbnb Vancouver
short term and vacation rentals.
Most events get posted there. Or on the G+ group.