Multireddit detailsShowing 10 reddits:
News, and other content, relating to British Columbia, Canada.
Minimal, deliberately. Just avoid spam, racial epithets, and death threats and we're good.
- Try the search function before posting!
Rules & Guidelines
- read the wiki
- be respectful to others
- contact the mods with any questions/reports
- include a news source whenever possible
- follow reddiquette
- use the search function
please do not
- post racism, hate, excessive foul language, troll, flame/personal attacks
- downvote because you disagree
- post personal information;
no personal facebook profiles, license plates, phone numbers
- submit links to blogspam/spam in general
- use shorturls
- be a dick
Want to add an event? message the mods
|Free Drive-in Movies!| |:| |Throughout the month of August, Deerfoot Mall is showing some classic movies in a drive-in movie setting. Rather than charging admission, they're asking for donations towards the Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) charity. BB4CK works in partnership with Calgary schools to make and deliver free healthy lunches for students who would otherwise go hungry, making around 2,000 lunches a day for students. | |For more information and all the details, visit http://www.deerfootmall.com/sales-events/ |
|Date |Movie |Start Time | |:|:|:-:|:-:| |~~Aug 6th~~|JAWS |9:30 PM | |~~Aug 13th~~|Ghostbusters |9:30 PM | |~~Aug 20th~~|Toy Story |9:30 PM | |Aug 27th|Back to the Future |9:30 PM |
WANT TO ADD AN EVENT?
- ~~August 14-17 - Taste of Calgary~~
- ~~August 14-23 - Opera in the Village~~
- ~~August 22-24 - Expo Latino~~
- ~~August 22 - Sept. 1 - Pride Calgary~~
- ~~August 23 - Carifest Calgary~~
- ~~August 23-24 - Dragon Boat Race~~
- August 30-31 - Xfest
- August 31 - BarCraft Calgary
- August 31 - Arrival in Alberta
- August 31 - Calgary Pride Parade
- August 31 - Arrival in Alberta
- August 31 - Genetic Jungle Run
- Sept. 5 - Mad Decent Block Party
- Sept. 6 - Life in Colour paint party
- Sept. 10-14 - Beakerhead
- Sept. 18-28 - Calgary Intl. Film Festival
- Sept. 20-21 - LANified! 18
- Sept. 29-Oct 5 - YYC Comedy Fest
FFWD Magazine keeps a list of events in/around Calgary too! check it out
Municipal subreddits in /r/Alberta
We decided on this description politely.
Detailed rules can be found here
- Be excellent to each other!
- Follow reddiquette^
- Report content that is hateful, spam, or off-topic
- Message the moderators when you report something. It can be difficult to tell why something was flagged
- Be rude or hostile^
- Resort to insults based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs^
- Post users' personal information
- Editorialize submission titles^
- Make low content posts (including images of memes, scenery, or generic pictures, etc^
- Use link shorteners (i.e. bit.ly, tinyurl)
Canadian subreddit network
A complete listing can be found here
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Barrie, ON
- Burlington, ON
- Durham region, ON
- Medicine Hat
- Moncton, NB
- Moose Jaw
- Pemberton, BC
- Peterborough, ON
- Red Deer, AB
- Saint John, NB
- Sarnia, ON
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Squamish, BC
- St. Johns, NL
- Stratford, ON
- Thunder Bay
- Victoria, BC
- Whistler, BC
>#####Hockey > > Calgary Flames > Edmonton Oilers > Montreal Canadiens > Ottawa Senators > Toronto Maple Leafs > Vancouver Canucks > Winnipeg Jets > Team Canada > >##### Basketball > > Toronto Raptors > >##### Baseball > > Toronto Blue Jays
- See full listing at /r/CanadianPostSecondary/
- Fundraising Canada
- Canada Politics
- Canadian Forces
- First Session of the 41st Parliament
- CBC Radio
- O Canada
- Immigration Canada Discussion
- Join #reddit-canada on freenode IRC (freenode client)
- Join #canada on snoonet IRC (mibbit client)
- For instructions, assistance, questions or more info, please see this thread
The moderators of r/Canada reserve the right to moderate posts and comments at their discretion, with regard to their perception of the suitability of said posts and comments for this subreddit. Thank you for your understanding.
> * Subs Team Subreddits (All Leagues) NHL Subreddits Multi /r/NHLChampionshipBelt /r/ahl /r/KontinentalHL /r/nhl /r/collegehockey /r/USHL /r/hockeywagers /r/hockeyfandom /r/hockeygamegifs /r/hockeyplayers /r/hockeygoalies /r/hockeydesign /r/hockeyrefs /r/fantasyhockey /r/Hockeyprospects /r/NHL_draft /r/ea_nhl /r/hockeypics /r/hardhockey /r/vintagehockey /r/USAHockey /r/TeamCanada /r/hockeystats /r/hockeycards /r/hockeyjerseys /r/TimHortons /r/hockeycirclejerk /r/nhlmemes * Hockey Subreddit Multi
> * Hockey / VLC r/Hockey Community Creations VLC Streams Hockey AMAs Don't Tell Me The Score Standings - Conference Standings - Division Capgeek Player Stats Hockey Analysis (Fenwick/Corsi) Twitter Lists
> * /r/hockeyfandom
Conduct & Guidelines
Memes, advice animals, and low-content posts will be removed on sight (click for examples).
Read the full posting rules here.
Drop Down Menu
Don't forget to view the drop down menu next to /r/hockey logo for lots of extras like team flair/logo, GDTs, filters, standings and subreddits.
Welcome to the Toronto Maple Leafs subreddit, home to links and discussion of the Leafs, Marlies, and general Toronto hockey.
> ## "Rules" > Do:
> * Licence and registration, chicken fucker
> * Sunshine on my god damn shoulders
> ## Essential Reading: How to post memes in the comments ErgonomicNDPHolder's list of Shit Harper Did FrenchAffair's list of CPC green energy contributions A list of all of the wars currently happening in Canada The 2014 metacanada shill census [Why we're awesome and SRS isn't] (http://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/comments/168dyw/a_note_on_comparisons_between_rmetacanada_and/) The War of 2012 The thread that started it all History of popular vote vs percentage of seats earned History of number of prorogations vs parliament length
> ## Creativity: Metacanada butthurt rater gifs /u/blueberryfickle smug internet insult generator /u/ReasonableUser anti-CPC comment generator There is no need to be upset Canadian Bravery.gif UNBRAVE .gif Harper downvote gif Metacanada Downvote Action Plan.jpg Metacanada Upvote Action Plan.jpg Neckbeards With Attitude Neckbeard.ca Some past Metacanada CSS stylings Brigette DePape photoshop jobs Beware of r/canada posters * SO USER.jpg (Context)
> ## Awards:
> ## Friends:
> * /r/metaquebec > * /r/ShitRConservativeSays > * /r/circlejerkaustralia > * /r/magicskyfairy > * /r/circlejerk > * /r/braveryjerk > * /r/NZcirclejerk > * /r/shitpoliticssays > * /r/enoughlibertarianspam > * /r/canadaguns > * /r/conspiratard
> ## Disclaimer: *The moderators of /r/MetaCanada will ban any Harper supporters and any Harper haters.
> ## À propos de /r/Quebec > Tout au sujet de la belle province de Québec > > * Actualité > * Culture > * Politique > * Société > * Tourisme > * etc. > > Ce reddit est bilingue: Vous pouvez soumettre en français et en anglais! > > This reddit is bilingual: You can submit in french and english! > >-- > >Au sujet de la modération: > >Vous pouvez choisir le style de modération lorsque vous soumettez un lien en choisissant l'insigne (flair) approprié. > > Insigne "modéré": Les commentaires irrespectueux seront retirés. > Insigne "libre": La modération sera minimale (e.g. retrait des spams). > > Plus d'information ici. > >-- > >Les soumissions dont les titres sont dénigrants ou haineux seront retirées. > > Plus d'information ici. > >Le contact > >/r/quebec sur IRC
> ##Discussions essentielles > >- Ultimate guide to health care in Québec > - Best health care locations in Quebec > - Ultimate guide to Québec as a French province for English speakers > >-- > > French as a second language class : > > - Introduction / Table of Contents > >-- > > From /r/montreal : > > - 10,000 tips for Montréal apartments
> ##Sous-reddits québécois > > >Géographique : > > * /r/abitibi > * /r/gatineau > * /r/laval > * /r/longueuil > * /r/montreal > * /r/quebeclevis > * /r/saguenay > * /r/sjsr (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) > * /r/sherbrooke > * /r/troisrivieres > >Institutions postsecondaires : > > * /r/ubishops > * /r/Concordia > * /r/EtsMTL (École de technologie supérieure) > * /r/mcgill > * /r/UdeM > * /r/UQAM > * /r/usherbrooke > >Sport : > > * /r/Alouettes > * /r/Expos > * /r/Habs > * /r/MontrealCycling > * /r/MontrealImpact > * /r/Nordiques > >Divers : > > /r/GamingQuebec > /r/OuiQuebec > /r/PolitiqueQuebec > /r/QuebecEnts > /r/Metaquebec > /r/CanadaNews >* /r/CanadaPolitics
Toronto is the greatest city of all!
- When: 2nd Saturday of the month, 7:00pm.
- Next: September 13th, 7:00pm.
- Venue: Artful Dodger Pub, 10 Isabella St.
- Got a question? /r/AskTO
- Meet other Redditors? /r/TorontoEvents
- Buying or selling? /r/GTAMarketplace
- Toronto Star
- The Globe & Mail
- National Post
- Macleans Online
- Toronto Sun
- Metro News Toronto
- NOW Magazine
- Blog TO
- The Grid
- 680 News
Amazing Activities in Toronto:
- Toronto.com - Movies, Events, Attractions, Restaurants, Bars & Clubs.
- Tourism Toronto - Where to stay, Where to eat, Gay Toronto, Calendar of events.
- Toronto Jungle
Official Website - City of Toronto:
Other Useful Links:
A place for news about and /or involving Ontario, Canada
See something requiring attention? Please Message The Moderators
Rules and Guidelines
We want to see more content like this:
- local news.
- local events.
- funny and interesting content.
- posts about Vancouver history and culture.
- missing person/pet alerts.
- informative self-posts (i.e. wise advise, time-sensitive warnings, PSA's).
- posts about freebies, lost/found posts.
- new apps/programs.
- broad discussions.
Whenever possible we will remove:
- Hate speech including (but not limited to) racist, sexist, aggressive, or overtly offensive comments.
- Ethnic or gender stereotypes.
- Personal attacks, name calling or insults.
- Personal information of any kind.
- Complaint/rant posts.
- editorialized titles/incendiary posts.
- any content not related to Vancouver.
- stories similar to stories recently posted.
Please check links before submitting a question.
- Visiting Vancouver Page
This is where you'll find everything you need to know about visiting Vancouver: the best places to check out, local attractions, local hangouts, cautions/warnings, and local treasures only Vancouverites know about.
RESOURCES FOR MOVING TO VANCOUVER
When considering moving to Vancouver, please Google "thinking of moving to Vancouver" FIRST. Please only post if you have unanswered questions after that.
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods
- Padmapper Vancouver
aggregates rental property listings
- Craigslist Vancouver Rentals
- Airbnb Vancouver
short term and vacation rentals.
Most events get posted there. Or on the G+ group.