25,269 subscribers a community for 6 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to r/translator!
We're the Reddit community for translations.
Do you need something translated?
Post here and the polyglots of Reddit will do their best to translate it for you.
Do you want to practice translating, or need reviews for a translation you made?
Subscribe to r/translator, or get language notifications from us for your target languages and join our community!
- Include the target language in your title.
Example: [Japanese > English]
- If you don't know the language, include: Example: [Unknown > English]
- Write a good description of your request.
- Be nice. Thank your translator when your request is fulfilled!
- These types of posts are not allowed:
- Requests for homework help (without providing your own work as well).
- Unreasonable job offers for translators.
- Spam/advertising for services.
- Posts that do not request a translation.
- Information that is unethically sourced.
- Be nice to fellow community members.
- Don't post joke. fake, or machine translations.
Please also request a review of your own work if you're unsure, and report any malicious translations.
You can be notified by our subreddit's bot when there's a request for your language. Just send a message with the languages (e.g.
thai) to the bot at the link above!
Post State Commands
Command | Function ---------|---------- !translated | marks a request as translated. !doublecheck | requests other translators to review your translation. !claim | lets other translators know you are working on a translation for the request. !missing | marks a request that is missing assets.
Command | Function ---------|---------- !identify:XX | identifies a wrongly categorized request as a specific language. !page:XX | pages translators for a specific language. !reference:XX | looks up reference information for a language.* !search:[term] | searches the subreddit for previous translations of the term.
*Note: Use the language's name or ISO 639-1/3 code in place of XX.
`文` / `翻訳` / `出口成章`/ `Sprache`
!translate anywhere on Reddit to submit a crosspost for translation on r/translator.
*Note: You can also specify a language using the same syntax as the reference commands above.
Furigana Annotation Syntax
To create furigana/ruby text in your posts, use the following syntax:
will display as 漢字.
The quotation marks are not optional.
Right-to-left Text Syntax
To format a paragraph of right-to-left text, write:
and skip a line (for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc.)
Untranslated Posts & Language Subs
- Other Languages