16,831 subscribers a community for 5 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
Our community translates things.
Do you need something translated?
Post here and the polyglots of Reddit will do their best to translate it for you.
Do you want to practice translating, or need reviews for a translation you made?
Subscribe to r/translator and join our community!
- Include the target language in your title.
Example: [Japanese > English]
- If you don't know the language, write: Example: [Unknown > English]
- Include a good description of your request.
- These types of posts are not allowed:
- Requests for homework help (without first trying to translate the work yourself).
- Unreasonable job offers for translators.
- Spam/advertising for services.
- Posts that do not request a translation.
- Information that is unethically sourced.
- Be nice. Thank your translator when your request is fulfilled!
Command | Function ---------|---------- !translated | marks a request as translated. !doublecheck | requests other translators to review your translation. !claim | lets other translators know you are working on a translation for the request. !missing | marks a request that is missing assets. !identify:XX | identifies a wrongly categorized request as a specific language. !page:XX | pages translators for a specific language.
Command | Function ---------|---------- !reference:[language] | looks up encyclopedia information on a language. !search:[term] | searches the subreddit for previous translations of the term.
Type grave accents around characters and words to look up their readings and meanings.
`文` / `翻訳` / `出口成章`/ `Sprache`
!translate in these subreddits to submit a cross-post for translation on r/translator.
*Note: You can also specify a language using the same syntax as the commands above.
Furigana Annotation Syntax
To create furigana/ruby text in your posts, use the following syntax:
will display as 漢字.
The quotation marks are not optional.
Right-to-left Text Syntax
To format a paragraph of right-to-left text, write:
and skip a line (for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc.)
Untranslated Posts & Language Subs
- Other Languages