362,655 subscribers a community for 9 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
All things underground, forbidden, inaccessible, or abandoned. Pics, videos, maps, secrets, people, history.
FORUM RULE: NO LOCATION SPECIFICS IN COMMENTS, ONLY BY PM.
Feel free to share specific locations (e.g. entry points, names of sensitive places) by PM, but not in posts or comments. Of course this does not apply to what's on outside links.
This rule is not out of bloody-minded elitism, but to prevent destructive hosers from finding places too easily and trashing them. Remember that reddit is indexed by search engines.
And please, please, don't steal. It's not cool and you make us look bad.
Please avoid posting "Anyone know any places to explore in ___?" You would be much better off asking if anyone wants to explore in said area and use google and other resources (uer.ca) to find them.
Please consider crossposting pictures to:
- /r/itookapicture (if you took it)
- /r/abandoned (if it's...abandoned...)
- /r/draining (if it's in a drain)
- /r/industryporn (if it's industrial)
- /r/chernobyl (if it's related to Chernobyl)
- /r/crazystairs/ (if it's related to freaky stairs)
- /r/abandonedporn (really nice abandoned pics community)
- /r/urbanhell (if it's ghetto, dilapidated and decaying)
- /r/urbexgear (if it's related to urban exploration gear)
- /r/scalingheights (if it's scaling heights)
- /r/UET (if it's related to urban exploration in Toronto)
- /r/UrbanClimbing (if it's climbing, urban style)
- /r/Subterranean (if it's underground)
- /r/TheForgottenDepths (if it's underground, and abandoned)
- /r/Abandoned Video (if it's abandoned with video)
- /r/Asylums (if it's related to asylum architecture)
If you go exploring, please
- look but don't touch
- leave places as you found them
- don't steal shit
- try not to disturb the neighbors, be an idiot, or generally do anything that might ruin it for others
- be safe