101,703 subscribers a community for 9 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
Rules & Guidelines
Please review reddiquette before posting or commenting.
Hover over rules to expand
1. Be respectful to each other.
- Using unnecessarily harsh & confrontational language that you wouldn't use in a friendly conversation with a stranger in a public setting is not allowed. If you can't say it in a constructive and positive way, please keep it to yourself or in a private messages to the other commenter. See Reddiquette for more information.
2. Everyone is welcome.
- This is a friendly forum. Telling people they don't belong here is not allowed, regardless of dietary persuasion.
3. Swearing & Profanity
- Passive colorful language is OK. Abusive language, personal attacks, intentionally rude, disrespectful or inflammatory language is not. Keep it respectful and don't over do it.
4. Pushing an agenda
- If your only contribution to a discussion is to derail it, berate other users, push or encourage a lifestyle or diet without provocation, the moderators may take action.
- Bringing up ethics unprovoked in discussions not related to ethics (e.g. recipes, nutrition advice, and newbie help) is no longer allowed. Your posts will be removed, and repeat offenders may be banned.
- Cross-posting a thread you are participating in from /r/vegetarian to a meta sub (A subreddit that features posts from other subs for the purpose of mocking the sub, thread, or a user/users) is not allowed. Users who violate this policy may be warned or banned. Cross-posts must be non participation links. If you link to another post on reddit, you must format the link as a non participation link. A no participation link has "np" in place of "www", like http://np.reddit.com/r/Vegetarian, instead of http://www.reddit.com/r/Vegetarian.
7. Graphic Images/ Videos
- Such as animal slaughter, abuse, cruelty, etc, must be tagged NSFW or they will be removed.
Animal Rights (Hide)
Beginner Question (Hide)
Omni Advice (Hide)
Product Endorsement (Hide)
Personal Milestone (Hide)
Veggit Lite (hides Animal Rights, Ethics, Activism, & NSFW)
[Recommended Cookbooks] (https://www.reddit.com/r/vegetarian/wiki/cookbooks)