11,421 subscribers a community for 4 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
A subreddit created so you can try to find out what that item you have is and what it is worth!
- Please do your research. We aren't here to search Google for you or check eBay for you.
- Please cite your sources when commenting. Guesses and wild speculation are not helpful.
Please upvote helpful and insightful comments. This gives the comment credibility and says thanks for the help!
Please be respectful and follow reddiquette. Hate speech, derogatory and inflammatory comments will result in removal and potential being banned. Please report such comments.
Please provide clear photos of your item. This helps us determine condition, and authenticity for instance. The more photos the better.
Please provide as much information as possible. For instance provenance, makers marks, serial numbers, copyrights, company names, dates etc.
Please do not post items from museums or galleries. We appreciate it if you only post items that you own, plan to own or belong to someone you know. Stolen items are not welcome.
Please keep posts and replies on topic and relevant. While we enjoy memes and joke posts as much as anyone, this is not the place for them.
See a post or comment that violates the guidelines? Please report it!
Useful Related Reddits:
- [r/MetalDetecting] (http://www.reddit.com/r/metaldetecting)
- /r/RedditOnEbay NEW
- /r/Authenticating NEW
Helpful Online Resources:
- Collector's Weekly: The Best of Vintage and Antiques
- Sports Memorabilia
- Ruby Lane: Antiques & Art, Vintage Collectibles and Jewelry
- Vintage Machinery
- Video Games Pricing Chart
- How to Determine the Age of Antique Furniture
Are you an expert or experienced collector? Please message the mods for verification to get your very own user flair!
Have any suggestions? Please let us know!