694 subscribers a community for 6 years, 5 monthslast post 4 day(s) ago [+]
A look at Zionist organizations and the links between financial and political power in America.
- AIPAC 101 - What Every American Should Know
- AIPAC Grooming American Students to Serve Israel
- AIPAC: The Voice of America
- How Zionism Infiltrated The United States
- The Israel Lobby - VPRO
Other subreddits you might like:
- 9/11 truth
- American Politics
- Black Operations
- British Jewish Power
- Endless War
- Israel Exposed
- Men's Rights
- Middle East News
- Occupy Wall Street
- World Events
- World News
- World Politics
37,896 subscribers a community for 6 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
Anthropology is the study of humans in the past and present. It draws on the humanities as well as social, biological, and physical sciences. Historically, anthropologists in the United States study one of four topics, or sub-fields: sociocultural anthropology, biological/physical anthropology, archaeology, and linguistics.
Post your interesting linguistic, archaeology, sociocultural, and biological anthropology links.
Feel free to ask questions, but search our Frequently Asked Questions List to see if your question has been answered previously. For book recommendations check the Recommended Reading Page of our wiki.
Please do not submit blogspam, pseudoscience, memes, or dinosaurs.
Please keep this community civil and respectful. Report any hostile behavior, prejudiced comments, and off-topic posts. Racism will not be tolerated.
Apply for expert flair in this thread.
Read more about anthropology here:
2,572,772 subscribers a community for 7 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to /r/art! This is a community of art lovers that share their favorite pieces, news or information that will impact the art community. Review the subreddit rules before posting.
Title Formatting Guidelines:
Titles should be to the point; all extra information or context should be added in the comments.
>Your artwork - "Title, Medium, Size"
> Another artist's work - "Title, Artist, Medium, Year"
> Album of artworks - "Collection of my (or another artist's) work, Medium."
> News article - "Title, Year"
> Discussion - make it a self post. Expand on your question in the text and include image examples when possible.
Rules | Notes
1. Use the correct title formatting. | The title formatting is outlined above. Make sure to follow it or else your post will be removed. Do not add any extraneous information or be subjective in your title.
2. Please add flair to your post. | Click on the red "Please Add Flair to Your Post" button after you post, and select whether it is an "Artwork," "Article," "Discussion," etc. If you are looking for constructive criticism, please add the "Artwork CC" flair.
3. Give credit to the artist. | Add the artist's name to the title and provide a link to their site in the comments whenever possible.
4. Do not link to blogs. | The only article posts accepted are ones to reputable news sites featuring recent news related to the art world.
5. Do not make multiple posts, make an album instead. | Also please do not re-post your work unless otherwise told to.
6. Do not submit sketches, doodles or unfinished work. | Post these to other subreddits like /r/IDAP, /r/sketches and /r/doodles instead. If it's an unfinished work and you need advice, post it as a self post.
7. Do not post memes. | Also, those who post melted crayon 'art' will be banished. 8. Do no request tattoos or artwork commissions, or link to pages selling art. | These pages should be submitted to /r/artstore or /r/designjobs. 9. Leave comments that contribute to discussion. | Try to add to the conversation in a meaningful way. If you have nothing to contribute but like the post, then upvote the post instead. Comments that don't add to the conversation may be subject to removal. 10. If you want to critique a post, be constructive and follow Reddiquette. | Don't engage in personal attacks, hate speech or racism, and do not complain about downvotes. 11. Mods reserve the right to remove submissions that aren't high quality. | This refers both to the quality of the submission and quality of the photograph. We realize this is subjective, so consider posting in /r/IDAP or one of the other art related subreddits listed here if you're not sure. 12. Check if there's a subreddit better suited for your submission. | Submissions that don't fit here may be redirected to more suitable subreddits like /r/fanart, /r/graphicnovels, /r/webcomics and /r/comics. ★ Feel free to add user flair! | Please edit your flair to tell us your qualifications or specialty, but follow the guidelines. Using non /r/art related flair will result in a ban. ★ If your post doesn't show up... | it may have been caught in the spam filter. Please message the moderators and we'll be happy to look into it. ★ If you see any rule-breaking posts or comments... | please report them by clicking the "report" button or messaging the moderators directly here.
For the full version of the rules click here.
Click here for a list of Art-related subreddits you might enjoy
>IRC: Need help or want to chat, join us in #art
1,714 subscribers a community for 7 yearslast post 1 day(s) ago [+]
Uniting and Empowering our People
Check out the Official r/BlackCulture Anthem: Nature of the Threat by Rass Kass
MISSION:Re-Branding the Black Culture "brand"
r/BlackCulture is THE subreddit for all things relating to Black Culture whether it be:
- Black History
- All Styles of Black music, new and old
- Black art and artists, independent and famous
- And Black opinion on current events
- We are also a hub of debate over issues which face The Black Community from within and without.
Follow some simple rules
- Do not harass or abuse your fellow users or you will be banned.
If you are here to provoke or incite the regular users of this sub with racist and/or offensive comments - you will be reported and you will be banned. You know who you are.
We will ban you if we discover that you have made extremely problematic comments/posts in other subreddits.
Posts from throwaway accounts will be removed.
All are welcome to participate openly. Feel free to add in, we offer and accept a little bit of everything.
Other Black Subreddits:
Black History Special: RealBlackHistorySeries!
4,617 subscribers a community for 5 yearslast post 88 day(s) ago [+]
Bring us your most contentious opinions, but be ready to back them. Submit links to reviews that astonish and bewilder. Arguing about a work is how we indicate its vitality.
Books, comics, movies, music, painting, poetry, video games: whatever. If it moves, kill it.
To get the artists' points of view, try interview.
16 subscribers a community for 4 years, 11 monthslast post 186 day(s) ago [+]
A subreddit for the exchange of the ideas and practices of different cultures, modern or ancient. Post about anything from the dental practices of the ancient Romans to the the dance and ritual of modern suburbia to the philosophical and ethical beliefs of heartland China.
Please respect all practices, no matter how ridiculous they may sound. What is common in your culture may sound absurd to another
41,674 subscribers a community for 6 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
More than atheism: dedicated to rational, logical and scientific examination of culture, politics, religion, science, business and more!
Help PROMOTE /r/Freethought ! We are currently ranked in the 600s of most popular Subreddits.. can you help us get more subscribers and spread the word about science, evidence and rational, logical examination of our world? Tell your friends about /r/Freethought :)
NOTE: This is not a "philosophy forum" unless it specifically relates to science and skepticism. Do not confuse "free thought" with "freethought".
Remember, downvote stories based on the quality of the content, not whether you agree or disagree with the statement. For more info on Reddiquitte, see voting guidelines.
Other Fun Subreddits
- /r/IDrawMuhammad (there can be no freedom of anything without the freedom to offend)
2,372 subscribers a community for 5 years, 7 monthslast post 10 day(s) ago [+]
underground subversive revolutionary hiphop
http://www.reddit.com/r/altrap http://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads http://www.reddit.com/r/Bombing http://www.reddit.com/r/realhiphop http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy
2,713,124 subscribers a community for 7 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
>>> - 1
>>> - 2
>>> - 3
>>> - 4
>>> - 5
>>> - 6
>>> - 7
>>> - 8
>>> - 9
>>> - 10
>>> - 11
>>> ### Welcome to \/r/history! Please take a moment to read our sidebar.
/r/History is a place for discussions about history. Feel free to submit interesting articles, tell us about this cool book you just read, or start a discussion about who everyone's favorite figure of minor French nobility is!
- Be nice!
Personal attacks, abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form is not allowed and will be removed. No hate material, be it submissions or comments, are accepted.
- No politics or soapboxing.
Submissions that are overtly political will be removed; political topics are only acceptable if discussed in a historical context. Comments should discuss a historical topic, not advocate an agenda. This is entirely at the moderators' discretion and violators will be fed to the bear.
- Post in the right subreddit.
Direct image links belong in /r/historyporn, specific questions go to /r/askhistorians, and homework questions go to /r/homeworkhelp. Obvious personal blogs, history journals, academic publications you've worked on and want to post multiple updates from should go into /r/historyblogs. These submission types will be removed from /r/history.
- Follow the rules of reddit.
Don't spam, manipulate votes, doxx, or post illegal content.
- Post from the original site.
Spam is not acceptable. Blogspam, if it is original content should go into /r/historyblogs.
- Follow reddiquette and remember the human.
- Comments should be on-topic and contribute to the conversation in a meaningful way.
- When submitting link posts, leave a description, in a comment, following your submission.
Focus on the quality, subject, authority, etc. Be the one that starts the discussion!
- Self Posts require a descriptive body text.
When submitting a self post you should expand a little bit on the title in order to get the discussion started. For example: When submitting a question you can expand on what motivated you to ask the question.
- This is an actively moderated subreddit, calls will be made at the moderator's discretion.
- Use that report button!
In the end, we rely on you, the users, to ensure this subreddit works. If you see something that violates these rules, Please Report It! If you have questions or concerns, please message us via the mod mail feature.
- Try to avoid reposting by using reddit's search function.
- Downvote for irrelevancy, low content, or unhelpful content. Upvote for rich and interesting content.
- Titles of links should accurately describe the content, and not be sensationalized or misleading. Rule of thumb: for serious articles the original headline often is the best choice. When in doubt message the mods before submitting your link.
- Blogspam: If you run a history website, or work with a historical publication and want to publish repeat posts from there, put them in /r/historyblogs
Date | Subreddit | Title | Person |:---|:---|:---|---: |24 March 2015|/r/HaShoah|-|Dr. Carson Phillips and Alexander Schelischansky of the Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre in Toronto
Previous IAMA's done in /r/History.
9,137 subscribers a community for 5 years, 5 monthslast post 1 day(s) ago [+]
Fascinating, unexpected things pop up in interviews. They give politicians a chance to go off-script, scientists an opportunity to speculate in ways that they probably shouldn't, artists a venue in which to extemporize, and interviewers the power to challenge their subjects.
For maximum impact, use the title of your submission to highlight an unexpected quotation that piqued your interest in the interview to which you're linking.
This subreddit focuses on in-depth, thoughtful interviews. Please carefully consider the quality of your submission before posting.
Do not link to articles about job interviews. They will be removed as spam, and the spam filter will form an ugly bias against your account.
57,059 subscribers a community for 6 yearslast post 2 day(s) ago [+]
- Anime 405 Discussion
- Kakashi Hiden Translation
- Sakura Hiden Translation
- Shikamaru Hiden Transl.
- No Spoiler Threads
- No Animated Banner
> No spoilers in titles!
> Use spoiler tags for anything that hasn't been revealed in the anime yet.
> Maximum of one link-based submission per user per day.
> Don't post links to plain panels, pages, screenshots, gifs, gfycats, webms or scenes from the manga & anime. If you want to point out something you spotted or want to discuss a scene, submit it as a self post.
> Titles should be appropriate and descriptive.
> No hentai. Use the hentai subreddit for that.
> Posts should be directly related to Naruto.
> Fan art must give credit to the creator.
> Do not post bigoted, creepy, misogynistic, transphobic, racist, homophobic or otherwise shitty comments. This includes using slurs as personal attacks or insults.
> Kindly refrain from trolling in the sub.
> Mods reserve the right to remove posts if necessary.
> Link-based submissions will be restricted for 24 hours after a manga release.
> Avoid making separate posts about the latest chapter for 24 hours after the release to prevent the subreddit from getting flooded with posts. The discussion thread is the place to discuss the chapter.
>##How to use Spoiler Tags
> How to apply the spoiler tag in comments:
> [Spoilers](#s "Put your text here")
> Don't forget the quotation marks or the black bars won't show!
> The IRC!
Events|Dates :---|---: Naruto Movie - "The Last" | December 6 2014 |
805 subscribers a community for 4 yearslast post 281 day(s) ago [+]
Let's pretend that events from Mythology, Literature, Movies, Comics, Games, Songs or Paintings (etc.) just happened!
This filthy little Hobbit stole your precious? There is a problem with your Tiberium Harvester's navigation system? Actually, you like to talk about Fight Club? You got the new ARES Predator IV as a present in this year's Secret Santa, Chummer? You were embarrassed by the impertinence of Mr. Darcy and Zeus cheated on you, again? Let us know!
Pretend that events from Mythology, Literature, Movies, Comics, Games, Songs or Paintings are happening now and you are making a reddit post about it.
This reddit is inspired by:
1,171 subscribers a community for 6 yearslast post 127 day(s) ago [+]
-- User flair come to Religion in America. Get your flair here
User flair and template by teresita from AK
36,030 subscribers a community for 5 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
Worldevents is dedicated to fleshing out the historical, political and cultural context of current events.
- Rules and guidelines:
- The focal point of any submission should be what it adds to our depth of understanding regarding a current event, beyond the facts that would be presented in a basic newspaper article.
- All links to breaking stories or plain reportage will be removed at the mods' discretion. When submitting links to articles with 10 paragraphs or less, the submission title should specify what it adds beyond bare reportage.
- Submissions that ask readers to make a donation, sign a petition, or spread the word about a particular cause are considered advocacy posts, and will be removed by the moderators. Please down vote and report advocacy posts. >
- Submissions will be removed by the moderators if the title features descriptive terms, or issues claims, not made in the content of the linked-to article or media.
- Questions submitted to the new queue must be submitted as text.posts. Only essay- and discussion-style questions will be allowed. Do not title a submission with a rhetorical question.
- Photos and collections of photos are not allowed. Submit them to \/r\/photoessay instead. >
- Help make worldevents better: Vote for depth, and note the notable. > Votes should take into account more than just the title. >
- TROLLING - DON'T. Comments that add nothing to meaningful, civil discussion will be removed. People that detract from meaningful, civil discussion will be banned, with no prior warning having to be given. Instead of responding to trolling and bigoted comments, use the report button to report them to the moderators.
- Do not post highly partisan political news.
- Do not editorialize titles.
- Subreddit drama is not welcome.
The following "vote fader" ranks subjects according to how appropriate they are for this reddit. If you'd like to help keep worldevents on topic, give up votes to submissions with topics in the "hot" section of the map, and down votes to submissions with topics in the "cold" section.
- In-depth analysis of current events
- Highly detailed explanations
- Informative discussion
- Perspective-altering insights
- Short-form and breaking news
- Advocacy posts
- Comments that discourage discussion